Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Stallion discount/bonus scheme in Vic for May/June

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    On last years service fees, (and HRV would be eligible for a 20% discount at both Alabar and Empire on current criteria for early bird fee or early bookings!) those criteria on location, proven and priced stallions would make about 12 sires eligible, 4 trotters and 8 pacers, not all at the big two stallions bases but most are. A little judicious shopping would get 4 services to most, 3 to 5 for others and and I’m sure 60 services in total for less then is being spent on bonus certificates.

Available sires are representative of a number of different sirelines to suit most mares, and multiple services available shouldn’t see too many people disappointed if an early draw winner selects their choice. Have a function for the draw in breeding heartland and make it an annual event! Go for it I say, everyone can buy a ticket!

aussiebreno
    What about some of the funds set aside for first time breeders?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That would be smart thinking Brendan
    Maybe to make the funds go further we should make it for all owners of first time mares where
    - the owners are not professional breeders
    - the mare is not a metro winner (as these are going to find someone who wants to breed from them)
    - the mare is not the winner of more than 3(?) races (see above)
    - the mare is not the daughter of a Gp1 winning mare (see above)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    You broadening your horizons Brenno? You know you can’t breed to Quinny or Bull right? Laz, yes, but funds in your neck of the woods would be in the domain of HRNSW or Club Menangle!

It’s not a bad idea, there’s been talk of providing discounts for first time trainers to get their licences and the like but I don’t think it’s ever actually come to something.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    You broadening your horizons Brenno? You know you can’t breed to Quinny or Bull right? Laz, yes, but funds in your neck of the woods would be in the domain of HRNSW or Club Menangle!

It’s not a bad idea, there’s been talk of providing discounts for first time trainers to get their licences and the like but I don’t think it’s ever actually come to something.
    Luckily there is Alta Christiano!

Personally I'm a couple years off owning a racehorse again, let alone thinking about breeding (apparently banks expect you to pay back a mortgage - how rude) but just thinking how to get best bang for your buck with the allocated dollars.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    AC definately in my thoughts for getting most bang for my bucks this season! They just dropped interest rates didn’t they? A little share in a syndicate to see you through maybe......

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Luckily there is Alta Christiano!

Personally I'm a couple years off owning a racehorse again, let alone thinking about breeding (apparently banks expect you to pay back a mortgage - how rude) but just thinking how to get best bang for your buck with the allocated dollars.
    You MUST be able to afford a horse too Brendan
    With the official cash rate 1.25% and home loans under 5% it is a great time to be young
    Old fuddy duddy here remembers when we were the lucky ones with a home loan capped at 13.5% (more recent borrowers than us were paying as much as 17% in the Keating years)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You MUST be able to afford a horse too Brendan
    With the official cash rate 1.25% and home loans under 5% it is a great time to be young
    Old fuddy duddy here remembers when we were the lucky ones with a home loan capped at 13.5% (more recent borrowers than us were paying as much as 17% in the Keating years)
    Kev remember that when you bought the median house price was probably around 3x the median wage but nowadays it is about 9x.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Im sure you can BOTH afford a share in a horse.

https://www.alabarsyndicate.com.au

Junior Member Weanling Galli will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kati Gunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe to make the funds go further we should make it for all owners of first time mares
    It all comes back to the chance of getting a return for your investment. The fact people (owners and/or trainers) are not doing it "professionally" doesn't mean they don't expect some return and they are totally entitled to expect it too when their stock can measure up at least at some level. If people feel they have a chance, they will breed.

Just two words : Integrity (getting better) and Programming (if they want to keep the hobby trainers they must programme for them).

+ Reply to Thread