Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Stable Remarkable

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rod, I don't think you can accuse the stable of not plotting the best program for their horses. You have to remember that most of their topliners are juveniles and you can only target so many big races with them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Rod, I don't think you can accuse the stable of not plotting the best program for their horses. You have to remember that most of their topliners are juveniles and you can only target so many big races with them
    Yeah this. Their dominance has been largely restricted to 2yo and 3yo racing. With Vicbred, Breeders Crown, Oaks/Derby there is no incentive to travel. Travelled the 4yos and Chariots of Fire record is strong and won a Rising Sun with Ladies In Red. They have 'struggled' with older horses with most being stuck to Country Cups class. This is evidenced with their Vic Cup and Hunter Cup record, finally only breaking through this year with Act Now and Honolua Bay. Those two not really travelled yet - but both had long stints without racing in the past 12 months so not like they've been racing much in Vic either.

Older horses that were GC horses were Safari who came along early in the piece before this dominance, Restrepo who was probably just a length or two off the very best but did go to a Miracle Mile and Perth ID, Guaranteed who went to a Miracle Mile but probably never hit his best again after that and Philadelphia Man who probably isn't in their top 20 horses but struck an easy ID series in WA winning 2x heats and won a Blacks a Fake in QLD. They have been happy to travel Mach Dan to Syd and QLD. I'm not really sure what horse and when they should have travelled more?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    And you have to admit Rod - they travel more than most WA stables
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    And you have to admit Rod - they travel more than most WA stables
    That may be so Kev but you have to remember travelling to Sydney from Melbourne is just up the road compared to the distances WA horses have to traverse to get to Melbourne or Sydney let alone Brisbane.

Forgot to add WA horses travelling to Melbourne or Sydney always receive the visitors draw who needs it.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 11-21-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Breaking news. Queen Emma's crown has just fallen off. Six-months disqualification.

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...-emma-stewart/

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Thats all well a crown has fallen but why was this not sorted before the breeder's crown?
    IMO , I believe things like this turn folk off harness racing & with good reason.
    I know how I would feel if I had a horse in the breeders crown & was beaten by this sort of thing being sorted after the event.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Breaking news. Queen Emma's crown has just fallen off. Six-months disqualification.

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...-emma-stewart/
    Likely to drag out with an appeal but maybe Clayton will just take over - the advantage of not training as a partnership
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Likely to drag out with an appeal but maybe Clayton will just take over - the advantage of not training as a partnership
    We have seen that before on many occasions.
    Terrific isn't it!!!@

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    The heading of this thread does not make sense to me.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The heading of this thread is one of my best!

Remarkable: worthy of attention
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread