Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Stable Remarkable

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    ?????????????
    Has Emma dropped her appeal?
    I don't really think so
    BUT
    if you do a licensee search on Harnessweb

There is no such licensee
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Ladies In Red now trained by C R Tonkin.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anne can choose to reply or not reply, she may choose to pm Brendan

But I have reinstated Brendan's post 103 as I may have been a little heavy-handed in deleting it
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-15-2023 at 06:16 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Fair enough Kev.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Going back to Emma's statement, she basically admits to not knowing or forgetting the rules ! I'm just an owner breeder and I know that rule and if I'm unsure I check. To me this indicates that this could have been a regular practice at the stable. Only a fool would believe this only happened that one day that the stewards turned up. Just my opinion. Do others think this way. I'm also very surprised that C Tonkin can still train horses. Integrity is not the main aim of the board IMO.

I'm now considering my future in the industry...
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Going back to Emma's statement, she basically admits to not knowing or forgetting the rules ! I'm just an owner breeder and I know that rule and if I'm unsure I check. To me this indicates that this could have been a regular practice at the stable. Only a fool would believe this only happened that one day that the stewards turned up. Just my opinion. Do others think this way. I'm also very surprised that C Tonkin can still train horses. Integrity is not the main aim of the board IMO.

It's alarming to witness a single stable consistently dominating the horseracing scene for an extended period. It raises questions about whether fair practices are being followed. Moreover, it's essential to keep an eye on the future performance of C Tonkin-trained horses and observe if their success continues. It's in the best interest of the sport to ensure a level playing field and maintain integrity. interesting to see if they can maintain their success or if other stables will start to catch up.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post

Clayton has been training the odd one of theirs for years Rick
    eg Ride High - Emma had him as a 3yo but when he came back from injury he was in Clayton's name

I would think that more people than not, think that the Maryborough eve offence is unlikely a one off as "she did not know the rules"

If Clayton had not bothered to get his license back and left it all to Emma, it could have been awkward for him applying for it now IF it is true that he refused stewards entry to their property on Breeders Crown day. I believe that getting your license back after disqualification requires an application and is not necessarily automatic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Kevin, they call themselves "Tonkin Stewart racing" , we all know they were co trainers but the board didn't make them declare that. People were asking why ? The media always referred to them as co trainers. If she is disqualified most people in my opinion would expect him to also be disqualified . This is the exact reason people wanted them classed as co trainers all along . It just stinks and at a time our industry can't afford this bad look.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rick, I do not think anyone has banged on about training 'partnerships' than me!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    HRV has stopped 21 of the Stewart trained horses being transferred to C Tonkin. I was certain they had changed the rules to stop disqualified trainers just transferring horses to their partner, I'm surprised they even tried but as we are now learning they have very little knowledge of the rules !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread