Roll With Joe
Closed Thread

Thread: Can you nominate and accept for a race with a horse that is not yet qualified?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Can you nominate and accept for a race with a horse that is not yet qualified?

Maajida is in R3 at Bendigo on Friday
    She only qualified today and looking at the Trials times and Acceptances times, I would have thought she would have had to have accepted before she was qualified
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    You can nominate unqualified, at least in Vic -
    Qualifying To Race 8.4 – A horse must be qualified to race prior to acceptance time for a given meeting.
    Might the acceptance time have been put back due to very poor noms for the program? Does happen.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is starting to sound like an integrity issue to me Wayne. It would seem like the stable needed the acceptance time to be pushed out a little. We cannot be doing favours for stables

If the nom numbers were poor wouldn't the normal practice be to extend noms resulting in acceptances being moved to today - but that did not happen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Not sure if there is a set practice when it comes to extending Kev.
    My reasoning for acceptances being extended to 1:30, that time being the original time for barriers and fields.
    Can't say I've seen acceptances delayed to two days out (and then the fields done) as driver changes need to be done by 11 am two days out which wouldn't allow much time at all for securing your driver. Race book/printers/race field production etc. means 11 am driver notifications.

But certainly, no question, the sport would fall down if there were favours like you are suggesting. Another no question, if I was fortunate in having a 2 yo filly nominated for this particular race and series I'd have been following it all meticulously.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think it is strange that the administrative bodies do not contribute to this forum.
    There are definitely questions that arise that they could supply an answer to
    They have to be reading to ensure their social media edicts are adhered to
    So embrace the platform (like they once did) and engage with their fans
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I note the horse that this issue is about is a 2yo filly racing in a 2yo race. It may be different to NZ but the way our rules are being aligned with yours it may be that 2yo are able to race in 2yo races without official qualification (ie Times and manners). They just need to show racing manners before a steward in a workout with others.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I started the thread, I am closing it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread