Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Club Menangle to stand Lazarus in NSW

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Club Menangle to stand Lazarus in NSW

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...s-back-from-US

In a radical move the NSW Harness Racing Club that operates Menangle Park have won the rights

The question has been asked of me:

Are they the same ones that select the field for features such as the MM?

What will they do to ensure there is not a conflict of interest when it comes to progeny of Lazarus (assuming they measure up)?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Shouldn't this be in the "Breeding" thread ?
    Am I the only one that thinks $10,000 is way to much given the state of our breeding industry ? Until he proves himself as a stallion I think $5k would be about the right price.
    Kevin, you know they love controversy around MM selections so don't be surprised if every runner is sired by Lazarus !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Geez you blokes are harsh!

Kev, 8 runners in the MM by the Lazarus is about as possible as Danno driving an Interdominion final winner!! ( very, very , very improbable)

Rick, If you measure him against other stallions with similar performance records ( not many to measure against) I reckon his asking fee is OK....BUT I also reckon the whole group of upper end stallions are asking for too much when you take into account the lack of restriction and AI

cheers,

Danno

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Danno, I always prefer new stallions to try and serve as many mares as possible in their first 3 seasons. More mares at a lower price could actually make more money and gives better chance of producing a few very good ones . Only time will tell .

As for 8 runners in the MM by Laz, I know it won't happen especially given that he couldn't win the race himself !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Owners expectation 300 mares @ $10k Current bookings 125, hope there are no penalty clauses in the contract.....

+ Reply to Thread