Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Not sure VOR , I thought you would know

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    What time is it in Macau??
    Apparently Burnes won a major greyhound race recently the Australian Cup or something, but the dog was in someone elses name? Didnt know he was into the greyhounds as well...

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    My understanding is Robbie Byrnes got into greyhounds some time ago when he was suffering from a bad back.

I was sure he appealed but from time to time they take a while to get through the system of the Racing Appeals Tribunal.

If I had seen anything on the website I would not have asked.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    What time is it in Macau??
    Apparently Burnes won a major greyhound race recently the Australian Cup or something, but the dog was in someone elses name? Didnt know he was into the greyhounds as well...
    I think he was training greyhounds before he even became a trotting driver..........I would say back in the 1970's, I used to see him walking the dogs quite often!.......I also remember him driving the "Alsco Linen" truck around for a living!
    To be honest, in the few conversations I had with Robbie over the years, I never had a problem with him, he was out to back a winner, like everyone else!.........At one stage, he was travelling all over the place as a leading driver, when he teamed up with the Peter Walsh stable!........ don't know what happened recently.......but I suppose the temptation for the easy dollar was too much, maybe he was not travelling to kindly at the time!

Real Name
    John Jackson
    VOR, I thought you would know and not need to look anything up ?

T F S, your comment of the temptation of an easy dollar, You make referance to that he was involved in the scandal ? Do you know this for a fact ? From what I have read and heard he is not involved in the scandal was simply warned off for failing to produce Mobile ph records for a mobile number that he does not even own ! It has been almost 7 months on the sidelines for him, No enquiry or stay given, Others that have been charged have not been warned off, They can train, go to racetracks, etc. which I am a big believer innocent until proven guilty, Pity not everyone was given that right ! I think his appeal is at the end of this month but VOR would know more about dates and time of when its on.

Real Name
    John Jackson
    Doug, Macau ?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    VOR, I thought you would know and not need to look anything up ?

T F S, your comment of the temptation of an easy dollar, You make referance to that he was involved in the scandal ? Do you know this for a fact ? From what I have read and heard he is not involved in the scandal was simply warned off for failing to produce Mobile ph records for a mobile number that he does not even own ! It has been almost 7 months on the sidelines for him, No enquiry or stay given, Others that have been charged have not been warned off, They can train, go to racetracks, etc. which I am a big believer innocent until proven guilty, Pity not everyone was given that right ! I think his appeal is at the end of this month but VOR would know more about dates and time of when its on.
    Sorry, as I said I don't know what has happened recently............just a thought............don't know why he won't produce phone records.........but he does deserve to be innocent until proven otherwise!

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    I think the treatment of Robbie Byrnes and to a lesser degree the Sarina’s is absolutely disgraceful. I think the stewards sometimes think that they are running the Indonesian judicial system and it is everyone’s responsibility to prove they are innocent not them to prove a person guilty.

Robbie Byrnes has not been charged with anything. The Sarina’s charge but not enough evidence to secure a conviction yet both are stood down. However heaps or trainers with positive swabs still training. Other whom it is strongly “suggested” may have an involvement in the swabbing scandal still training.

Why two sets of rules stand them all down or leave them all alone.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    tiny, did you see that Karloo Kix is now allowed to race pending the Baldenone swab case........

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I think the treatment of Robbie Byrnes and to a lesser degree the Sarina’s is absolutely disgraceful. I think the stewards sometimes think that they are running the Indonesian judicial system and it is everyone’s responsibility to prove they are innocent not them to prove a person guilty.

Robbie Byrnes has not been charged with anything. The Sarina’s charge but not enough evidence to secure a conviction yet both are stood down. However heaps or trainers with positive swabs still training. Other whom it is strongly “suggested” may have an involvement in the swabbing scandal still training.

Why two sets of rules stand them all down or leave them all alone.
    Firstly Robbie Byrnes was warned off by the board of HRNSW, not the stewards for failing to comply with a direction of the board so most certainly he is guilty of an offence.

Racing Authorities or Stewards for that do not have the right to arrest people when they fail to appear or provide information for an investigation their only recourse is to be able to take action against the persons involved licence.

In relation to the Sarina's they have already been charged with an offence and the case is part heard but was adjourned by the judge acting as a steward in this case to allow further evidence to be gathered at no stage has it been said there is insufficient evidence to obtain a conviction, other than by you.

In relation to your comparison to the Indonesian Judicial System, I think the Australian system has something very similar have you heard the term " remanded in custody" they are not proven guilty of any offence either only charged.

Not a lot of difference from my perspective.

+ Reply to Thread