Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3yo Holloway Classic Ballarat

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope we have a semaphore board tonight or else the first half could be a crawl
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Agree with you Brendan

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Silly question as we are not using the NR scheme yet and it has no bearing on the race tonight
    But I am interested to know how Hurricane Harley is rated 54 not 55
    55 being what the Transition to ratings table gives a C1 (pg5 No12 of the pdf)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    He wasn’t a C1 on the first of May but a C0 so transitioned at 50 points. Won in early May so plus 4 to show now 54 points

If I’ve read it right upward points won’t count so he will go back to 50 points on 1 July. Or something like that based on the lower of his transition rating and rating based on transition and last 5 starts
    Last edited by Dot; 05-24-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Dot
    The initial Transition table will be a godsend to a few star juveniles
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    And a burden to those older horses who’s genuine ability is in the now C0 to C2 range or 50 to 60 points as these and other good juveniles double dip. Can’t understand for the life of me why there is no retrospectivety in the transition. The owners of the “good” horses won’t retire them but the owners of the “average” ones depending on programming just might. I have one of mine earmarked for retirement, she is C2/59 and that is genuinely reflective of her level of ability, but I can’t see how she can be competive for several months minimum at least after ratings are implemented.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We are used to seeing 4yo+ races. Maybe for the first full season of the NR system we might need some 5yo+ races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    An age Tk Record for Centenario of 1.53.4
    And the 2 late noms filled the places

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BAC24051906
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Centenario back to his best after disappointing NSW Derby, outcome determined very shortly after the start, a lot to be said for not covering any extra ground

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Centenario back to his best after disappointing NSW Derby, outcome determined very shortly after the start, a lot to be said for not covering any extra ground
    Outcome was determined when tactics were announced !

I know it's not the stables fault that no other horses nominated but now many people like myself are wondering if stable connections made a killing on the exotic dividends with the outsiders filling the placings.

Lack of competition is the result of 20 years of the board only concentrating on turnover and ignoring breeders, owners and on course attendance .
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread