Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2019 NZ Jewels on Saturday 10.15am AEST

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Hi Teecee my credentials as a techno nuffy are well established and I freely confess I have no idea how to clear out any previous cached versions of how to reload on my phone! Is closing all the windows in the browser enough or is there more to it then that?

I think I do get the optimised mobile version on my phone but what I would like as I don’t have access to a desktop or other device is to be able to access the less optimum version via my phone to view extended pedigrees. Other sites not necessarily related to harness racing often offer that by clicking on desktop view on a mobile device but I don’t see that option here.

For what it’s worth, and possibly part of the same problem whilst it may not be “computer geek” optimum for a mobile being able to see an entire field on the one page for a racing person it certainly is. Also, as feedback for HRNZ, a couple of regular punters here ( though perhaps not in NZ) have been very critical of the new site on twitter for not being able to view an entire field at once, or scroll through the entire fields in one go on a page. I don’t imagine they are only using a mobile phone for access.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    No tech guru Dot but this might help. Open your settings and scroll down to find your browser, pretty sure it will be safari. Open it and find clear history, cookies data.
    But I take no responsibility for anything else that happens.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Also, as feedback for HRNZ, a couple of regular punters here ( though perhaps not in NZ) have been very critical of the new site on twitter for not being able to view an entire field at once, or scroll through the entire fields in one go on a page. I don’t imagine they are only using a mobile phone for access.
    They must not have spotted the Expand All Races button because both those features are there
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Trent Orwin
    @themightytrent3
    Trying to do form for Harness Jewels Day makes me appreciate that the Australian harness website has panels on the NZ one.

Paul Dobson
    @dobbopd
    Replying to
    @themightytrent3
    It’s deadset shocking the new NZ Site ��

Matt Leppard
    @mleppard11
    ·
    May 9
    The new HRNZ site has removed any remote interest I had left in NZ harness racing. What a shocking website. ����

I guess not Kev. If I select the expand all races button I can scroll through the fields but I cannot see all runners in a race on the page at the same time.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    No tech guru Dot but this might help. Open your settings and scroll down to find your browser, pretty sure it will be safari. Open it and find clear history, cookies data.
    But I take no responsibility for anything else that happens.
    I’m game Wayne I’ll give it a shot! Might be the end of me on the forum!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Also, as feedback for HRNZ, a couple of regular punters here ( though perhaps not in NZ) have been very critical of the new site on twitter for not being able to view an entire field at once, or scroll through the entire fields in one go on a page. I don’t imagine they are only using a mobile phone for access.
    I guess not Dot. Because you can
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Not sure what you mean Kev. I can use the expand the fields button but I cannot get more then five horses on the page at a time, and they look more like an online shopping site then a race field. So much better when I could see the whole field on the page with all the pertinent info available at a glance.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I meant you are wrong to say they are using anymore than a phone because the NZ site is sweet for tablet, and desktop users
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread