Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Douglas and Ellen Tormey charged

aussiebreno
    And Tormey just transferred horse/s to her father.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The 2 have been Disqualified - am I not right in thinking that that is much harsher than suspended?

Doesn't it mean that they cannot set foot on a track or the property of a licensed person?

Does Glenn Douglas live with Julie Douglas?

I notice that already neither Douglas or Tormey can be found with a Harnessweb Licensee search
    Great observation Kevin spot on.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    The Appendix on the last two pages is interesting. Many coincidences there and makes it look like this was not a one off.

http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...2019122019.pdf

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Apparently a 48 page explanation from the RAD Board re the decision was originally put up on HRA site but fairly quickly taken down again.
    Transparency?
    I have seen this original transcript and although the now edited part may be a rather explicit cover up story, it could also be possible that Julie Douglas is a separate entity

I will certainly never think of 'mending fences' in quite the same way again
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Well, that was short lived. Both appealed to VCAT today and have been granted stays of proceedings. No doubt, the horses will be back in their names as trainers by Christmas.
    After reading the HRV summary, I reckon there was one misdemeanor they were not charged with - treating stewards with total contempt as if they were complete idiots! Some of the answers given to questions put by the stewards, and defendants' responsible, are shake-your-head laughable.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mind you if Douglas's 'mending fences with benefits' excuse is not a complete fabrication, you wouldn't expect his wife or father-in-law to give him anything
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see Julie Douglas training and Eric Anderson owning horses driven by Glenn Douglas at Melton last night
    They are very understanding wife and father-in-law IF you believe his lurid excuse for being in The Boss Man's box at Ellen Tormey's
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-30-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Glenn not Daryl
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I see Julie Douglas training and Eric Anderson owning horses driven by Daryl Douglas at Melton last night
    They are very understanding wife and father-in-law IF you believe his lurid excuse for being in The Boss Man's box at Ellen Tormey's
    You would think he would have done his 'Dash'.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I see Julie Douglas training and Eric Anderson owning horses driven by Daryl Douglas at Melton last night
    Think you mean Glen driving, I make the same mistake a lot.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oops thank Rick - now edited
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread