Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Douglas and Ellen Tormey charged

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I see your point John, mind you I think Kotare Mahdi was the first of his to find its way onto the list after winning in town and after the serious charges of tubing someone else's horse on Interdom day, he started winning left right and centre BUT none of the Listed horses have won since being listed (after winning just before listing). Maybe that constitutes a drop off?
    The price of integrity is an interesting question.
    We are potentially talking about tens of thousands of dollars (that is prizemoney alone) possibly going to the wrong people. This trainer was the state's premier trainer for 5 seasons in a row
    I know I have brought it up several times but the fact that this stable did not report a horse dying on course then buried it in an asbestos pit to inhibit a post mortem then only got 6 months - so nearly had me lose interest in harness

I am planning a new season resolution to make sure 9 out every 10 posts are positive stories
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    I think that is a different topic all together and one that has been flogged to death on here in regards to being able to stand down trainers. Surely the right legal team can come up with some water tight terminology that can allow this to be implemented. At the moment a couple of stables appear to be almost taking the mickey out of the industry as with the charges hanging over their head there is really no deterrent to flaunting the rules as when these cases are heard they are finished. Sorry “if” found guilty.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    John, you say there is really no deterrent of flaunting the rules.
    Listing a horse is intended to be a deterrent - they use the word in fact

Results of blood samples consistently reveal elevated TCO2 levels, however they fall
    just below the threshold and therefore no action can be taken. This indicates that
    trainers are administering alkalinising agents on raceday

As a result the HRV Stewards believe that by introducing the below requirement it
    will act as a deterrent to those trainers who are administering alkalinising agents on
    raceday.

Earlier you said that there is nothing wrong with being close to the edge.
    As I understand it - being close to the edge in a post race swab can indicate that you could have been Over if it had been a Pre Race Swab or a Post Race taken much later and therefore these are the requirements of horses placed on the list
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Wasn’t meaning a deterrent in that manner.
    Was meaning in the grand scheme of things with the serious charges hanging over some stables does it really matter to them if the get a little bi carb wack or something similar.
    Not just Douglas but other stables as well if more serious charges(race fixing etc) are proven they are pretty much finished in this industry so if they pick up some more minor offences in the meantime won’t really effect them. So they potentially are just making hay while the sun shines in the time they have left, getting some dollars in the bank before they are off stacking shelves at the supermarket.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But let's not forget that although theoretically, milkshakes battle fatigue by preventing the build-up of lactic acid in muscles, they also are believed to help mask illegal drugs in post-race testing.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    9/10 Kev?�� I lebieve ya ��

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Believe Jim - there are plenty of threads I would rather post in
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Chairman of Stewards, Brett Day has explained:

The Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Racing Appeals and Disciplinary (RAD) Board is an independent Board established under the Racing Act to determine appeals and charges made against persons for serious offences.

Due to the independence the HRV Stewards have no control over when the hearing is held. Ultimately it is a matter for the RAD Board to schedule dates taking into account the availability of RAD Board members, legal representatives, witnesses etc.

The matter is due to be heard in late September.

Did I miss it?
    It is now mid October (so much for late September)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    December tomorrow and another Metro winner tonight for Glenn Douglas despite being charged with offences in relation to last year's Interdominion
    Integrity RAD board?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another metro double to G.Douglas
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread