Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicbred Super Series 2019

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The stable cannot win all the 3yo heats on Thursday as they do not have a horse in the 2nd heat of the fillies
    The 3rd heat of the colts is a killer for them as it will be difficult for them to qualify 4 for the semi's
    I’m not so sure about that Kev, if Harley brings his A game on the night! 3 of the 4 are the top 3 picks for the series, and I can perhaps see the 4th one getting a cheeky run on the pegs and into the sprint lane for a qualifying spot.

Been debated before about seeding versus random and neithers perfect but in a seeded draw these top three would be spread across the heats, certainly making it more difficult for others to win a heat versus this random field allocation which will see the others in this heat up against it to run a place.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Seeded v Trainer split may often be the same thing in Vic but I think there is merit in seeded because we want the best horses making finals - don't we?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    That’s my thinking too Kev. Particularly with the colts if we are going to increase the opportunities at stud for our colonial bred prospects versus our reliance on shuttles from North America.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Crazy night. My filly tried her guts out and ran second in the third race and made Treasure stick it’s neck out a bit. Super proud of her efforts and she will strip fitter for the run. While Stewart’s dominated, I think the fillies division is pretty wide open across at least 6 horses. Amazing effort from Stewart’s team, and while a lot of favourites won, there was certainly some competitive racing and competitive finishes. Certainly a night I’ll say I was proud to be a very small part of.
    It was a very nice run Grant, it may come down to which of the babies is still up when the final comes around

Did you happen who had booked the place out? Did you get a feed?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the barrier stats for Kilmore

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/tracks/kilmore/

It is interesting to note that 8 (SR1) has by far the worst record
    No.1 is only average so I figure it is no advantage either
    So be warned those who like to play the 8 as the sprint lane barrier
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It was a very nice run Grant, it may come down to which of the babies is still up when the final comes around

Did you happen who had booked the place out? Did you get a feed?
    While it was booked out for meals you could still get in upstairs for a beer which was good cause geez it was fresh! Club did put on a free bbq for participants there which was well recurved!! But I did get too excited after my race and forgot to eat so nothing much concerned me!!

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Poster Boy scratched from 4yo heats at Ballarat. Hopefully nothing serious.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is disappointing
    The Stewart stable weren't going to be able to win everything at Ballarat and now they have 2 heats without a runner

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA210619
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If we cannot run close to time, we are going to be shafted to Sky2
    Thank heavens for Trots Vision, the son-in-law, like many, does not have Sky2
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Stewart stable pretty much continued on their merry way with 5 wins and 2 seconds from the 7 heats they contested and 11/12 they took to chilly Kilmore qualified
    It was good racing.
    The colts semis should be interesting
    There were some strong winning performances but I will have to do some form on Firestorm Red as I liked the way he finished in the last heat

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=KI200619
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread