Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vicbred Super Series 2019

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am sure there were a couple of races you could have enjoyed Kati
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Stewart stable won 4/5 they contested tonight to take it to 16/19 Vicbred heats contested
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Galli will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kati Gunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am sure there were a couple of races you could have enjoyed Kati
    Only one, Kevin. The one still to come (hence I'm still awake though yawning...).

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was actually meaning the heats Kati, and thinking many would enjoy R5+7 (I actually enjoyed more than just those two)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    The Stewart stable won 4/5 they contested tonight to take it to 16/19 Vicbred heats contested
    And the “big guns” from the Stewart stable in the 3yo last year, Poster Boy and Ride High were absent!

aussiebreno
    Is there anyone that doesn't think that 'David Moran on Pistol Abbey knew that stablemate Nostra Villa driven by Chris Alford would surrender the lead'?
    Don't know but doesn't matter anyway because stewards deemed a few weeks ago it is ok to share tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    And the “big guns” from the Stewart stable in the 3yo last year, Poster Boy and Ride High were absent!
    + Maraetei the biggest gun of all !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Don't know but doesn't matter anyway because stewards deemed a few weeks ago it is ok to share tactics.

Do you mean the Holloway Classic Brendan when the Stewart stable had the whole field?
    The stewards did qualify their announcing the intended tactics with
    "As trainer Emma Stewart has all of the six horses engaged. ..."
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post

I fail to see how one stable winning 90% of the heats with short priced favourites makes for exciting or competitive racing. They need to do something to give others a chance of picking up some money and make the heats competitive. These alleged random heat draws did not work .
    What do you propose Rick? I don’t see putting all horses from one stable in one heat as a viable suggestion. Changing the format and prizemoney distribution may see the spoils more widely shared. Maybe the tiered series of the New York and Ontario Sires Stakes with some Aussie variants on being able to cross over or not between series? Or perhaps 24 individual heats across the state over a period of time, winners into semi final and ineligible to contest further heats, and a max number of heats a horse can contest, higher prizemoney money for heats, less for semi and finals, and hope the Stewart stable don’t have 24 horses in each division?

I don’t think you can punish a stable and its owners as you suggest Ric just for being too successful in the series as it stands, but Adminstrators can redesign the series if it’s not achieving the outcomes they are seeking.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am worried people will take this the wrong way but here goes

Racing survived the Weir suspension as we would a Stewart suspension BUT we don't want that
    Gallops people are in inredulous of the Stewart success rate
    It is fairly unbelievable
    In the interest of the industry we need to show that they are clean
    There has to be a placement for some considerable time that proves they are beyond reproach and deserve to be acclaimed

The reason I post this now, is that we have people suggesting we need to change the system, let's make sure the current system is broke first and get some clear air

Australia emraces the Tall Poppy Syndrome, there is no point pretending we don't so let's counter it with some definitive proof
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Dot, I think putting all same stable runners in one heat would mostly solve the problem. Their best 5 or so horses would still make the final and they would probably win the final still. They would just get much less prize money on the way to the final, leaving a lot more for other stables and providing more competitive racing and more turnover generated.

If owners don't want their horse in the heat with all their stablemates they could choose a smaller stable from the beginning, again that would help the industry.

Having one huge stable dominate any code of racing just kills the interest of the public and other competitors. It drives people away from the sport.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread