Unknown
    then its settled.... HRA will change it back first thing monday lol

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    there is no way in the world anyone deserves to be paid 5k in victoria, 2.5k in nsw to 'plan' a mating... nobody
    The 5K Vicbred bonus doesnt go to the breeder. It is split up as follows:

80% - owner
    5% - breeder
    5% - trainer
    5% - driver
    5% - stallion owner

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Why the stallion owner gets any of the bonus f's me? In my business when results are good we attract more paying clients, and repeat business nothing more.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    there is no way in the world anyone deserves to be paid 5k in victoria, 2.5k in nsw to 'plan' a mating... nobody
    You hit the nail on the head

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Why shouldn't someone be rewarded for planning a mating? Perhaps if there were more planned matings then a better percentage of foals would get to the races then is the case now. Of course a "planned" mating is not necessarily a mare owner sending a mare to a stallion they also own, just because they own both of them.

triplev123
    [VVV] Couldn't agree more TST.
    Why should someone who sells a mare in foal be entitiled to ongoing royalties from the resultant progeny...despite them having quit with the mare and despite them not having not financially contributed to nor taken any financial risk whatsoever as far as the ongoing care of the mare and the raising the foal etc is concerned?
    This is an ABSURD change. It is WAY too narrow a definition to apply.
    There is so much more to being a Breeder than simply making a decision on which sire will serve a given mare.
    Then again...as is very clearly evidenced by the close on 14% annual loss incurred from the number of mares reported PTIF to the number of Live Foals produced...given the apparent lack of broodmare/foal husbandry skills that notably Breeders Associations at both a State & National level continue to preside over, an issue that they've bascially seen fit to do sweet FA about for more years than I care to remember it is at least, consistent. I will give them that. In fact it is the natural & perhaps the ultimate extension to a widely held ALL CARE, NO RESPONSIBILITY view.
    I am extremely sceptical of the reasons why they'd make such a change & I am suspicious of the motivations of those who have been pushing for it.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    You hit the nail on the head
    [VVV] He's back! Where have you been Mango? I was begining to think you might have been hit on the head.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    a fluke this came idea came up just as nsw tweaked their bonus system to give out very large bonuses to the breeder?

in the end it seems pointless as everybody has already changed their schemes to nominator bonuses

triplev123
    a fluke this came idea came up just as nsw tweaked their bonus system to give out very large bonuses to the breeder?

in the end it seems pointless as everybody has already changed their schemes to nominator bonuses
    [VVV] Good point. Has that been an across the board change? As in all the futurities/breeders bonus systems? Have NSW, VIC, Breeders Crown, APG ect done that? That's the way to avoid the unfairness of the definition change. I really should know this...but I don't.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    nsw is nominators
    vic is breeder
    breeders crown is broodmare nominator
    apg is vendor

looks like the idea came from vic

+ Reply to Thread