Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pepper Tree Sale Results

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Anyone know who shelled out $110k for the top colt? how much for scoots away?

triplev123
    SBSW -Kept For Pleasure was a buy back.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    SBSW -Kept For Pleasure was a buy back.
    Why would you buy back this horse. It seems like a good price considering the current market conditions. ?

Real Name
    Unknown
    Thanks triple. Wonder why they put him through. Surely they wont do any better than $110k. I rememberr when sloys bought back a colt for $87.5k a couple of years back. He turned out to be brick top... Won 60k to the end of his 3yo season.

If they put this bloke through the gold sales a few potential purchasers might be scared off at the prospect that he isn't for sale.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    If correct , can hardly believe that the Kathian Princess colt went for just $1000. I believe he was an outstanding type. mango , is that price correct? Sorry for querying this with you mango , I know you are not the official press on the event , but that seems completely bizarre, to say the least.
    Kathian Princess was a mare and i just rang a mate and he has $1k down in his book

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    Thanks triple. Wonder why they put him through. Surely they wont do any better than $110k. I rememberr when sloys bought back a colt for $87.5k a couple of years back. He turned out to be brick top... Won 60k to the end of his 3yo season.

If they put this bloke through the gold sales a few potential purchasers might be scared off at the prospect that he isn't for sale.
    What you have to remember Sloy's only own a half share so it has to go through the sale's and if they then wish to purchase it back they only pay half the money as they already own the other half.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Thanks mango. That makes sense.

Flashing Red
    Do you think he is smaller than that, I should have said....

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Do you think he is smaller than that, I should have said....
    Hi Flashing

I like the horse but yes i do think he is smaller than that but that's only my opinion and i've been known to be wrong on many occasions.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Hi guys, any chance you have the price on Lot 14 and a bit of a description please, unfortunately couldn't make it there today as I didn't want to risk divorce by giving in to any desires for another horse

+ Reply to Thread