Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Pepper Tree Sale Results

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi LOC

$30K is right but she was actually passed in for $22k and then sold after some discussion.
    Good luck to the buyers. Still not a bad buy , even at $30K.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Mares size has a greater impact on the size of the foal then the stallion.

On the ET issue and size of the surrogates whilst the vets say the size of the surrogate mare has no impact on the size of the foal at maturity many of the people paying for the process are not so sure. My warmblood breeding friends, where size matters, are mightily relieved when their embryo arrives home from the clinic in a mare over 16hh.

Flashing Red
    Thanks for that Dizzy. Our surrogate mare for the season, she is a big roomy young (5yo) standardbred mare, excellent mother. Had a tonne of ability but succumbed to a career ending injury. She would be at least 16hh but I haven't sticked her, but from the riding horses I have had in the past, who were 16.1 and 16.2hh, she is more to their size. So she would be at least 16hh for sure. And not a big ugly then, she is perfectly in proportion and despite big is not clunky or goofy in anyway. Her foal of last year by Sir Galvinator is outstanding. Shame she has to be a surrogate this year, but we have no one else and she fits our criteria for a surrogate, ie young and big and good mum

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    She sold at the Lemon Tree clearnace sale in March 2010 for $30k in foal to CUF. The sale was conducted before a GB & CO broodmare sale.
    [VVV] Geeze, I knew someone would get there eventually. Cheers Mango.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Just seen the full list of results. With the yearlings, it appears 15 lots were sold and the remaining 16 were either buybacks or withdrawals.

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder
    Scoots Away will look cheap after the Ponder (yes Ponder) filly races

+ Reply to Thread