Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pepper Tree Sale Results

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    Hi guys, any chance you have the price on Lot 14 and a bit of a description please, unfortunately couldn't make it there today as I didn't want to risk divorce by giving in to any desires for another horse
    Lucky you didn't risk divorce as it was withdrawn

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    What you have to remember Sloy's only own a half share so it has to go through the sale's and if they then wish to purchase it back they only pay half the money as they already own the other half.
    This happens at a number of GB sales. They run horses up on themselves to say they have one worth $XXXXX. Particularly when there is no commission paid on buy backs. A number of studs are champions at this.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Any chance of getting the full results of the day?

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    Hi guys, any chance you have the price on Lot 14 and a bit of a description please, unfortunately couldn't make it there today as I didn't want to risk divorce by giving in to any desires for another horse
    Thats funny I have the same situation, just bought a 25% share last week and had to put it in my wifes name to make her happy

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    This happens at a number of GB sales. They run horses up on themselves to say they have one worth $XXXXX. Particularly when there is no commission paid on buy backs. A number of studs are champions at this.
    What and other sales don't have them being run up ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Lucky you didn't risk divorce as it was withdrawn
    Thanks for that. I'm sure I would have been forgiven if she was good looking and would have only had to be careful until the foal arrived. Who can resist a young one

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    [VVV] G'day Gtrain. To be fair, it happens to some degree at all sales from time to time. That's the nature of the promotions beast and none of them can claim to be immune. I've long had a yearning for days past when you could do any form business with some blokes on the basis of a handshake and both parties stood by it. Graeme's certainly one of those blokes, Old School. His handshake is as good as a written contract. We've done business with him on that basis in the past & will no doubt do so again in the future. In my experience the APG are the same and George Aiken/Parramatta Livestock was the same. It's a very tough business that they're in/were in and none of them can/could afford to dick around anyone who was a genuine client be they buyer or seller. Sales are sometimes like doing the Form before having a Bet. The balance of probabilities are...or whatever. For example, I wrote down in my catalogue here about 3 weeks ago that the SBSW colt would in all likelyhood be a buy back/partner buy out. Unless someone from outside went insane I didn't think it would ever leave the owners/part owners hands.
    It doesn't happen as often here but especially at mixed sales there are regular partner buy out/buy backs in the US.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i didnt think it was a particularly well run sale, when its 10 degrees tops with a gale blowing its not a good idea to have an hour break between a stallion parade and passing in the first 10 lots of the day

wasn't exactly happy with them taking 250 bids on horses that were 5k away from their reserve price either

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Seems like you haven't much concept of auctioneering the go is to get as much for the client as possible and if the buyer only want's to bid 250 then that's what you take he wont bid a 1000 as he is trying to get a product for as cheap as possible
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by thesushitrain View Post
    wasn't exactly happy with them taking 250 bids on horses that were 5k away from their reserve price either
    [VVV] He's working for the Seller my friend, not the Buyer.

+ Reply to Thread