Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers' Colours or Not?

aussiebreno
    Promotion of both drivers and trainers is needed. I'd suggest most people even casual observers know more drivers than they do trainers. Twittersphere has seen a #bekindtoyourdrivers campaign but no #bekindtoyourtrainers campagin. The drivers make a name for themselves with the wider public as it is. People see C Alford, G Lang, G Hall Jnr etc out on the track competing every race and see their name in the form guide. So driver promotion is already at a decent level. While colours may add to the promotion of drivers a little bit it will absolutely cruel promotion of trainers who are already hidden away from TV cameras and only have their colours to promote them. We need to promote both.

Also, for small trainers and thousands of owners the joy of seeing their colours on the track and in the winners photo is far greater joy than the regular drivers would get.

How about we first work on getting trainers and drivers listed in the fields on the mobile site. Doesn't matter who's colours they are if you can't actually put a name to the colours.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    No Kev, the point about drivers colours has never been all about promoting “them” as some people seem intent on wanting to make it. The point has always been to utilise our most marketable commodity which are our drivers to better promote the entire industry. If that can also bring benefits to integrity then even better still. The big picture Kev, not the “all about me “ resistance to change mentality that continually bogs down the industry.
    Horses are by far the main attraction. Winx sold out Randwick/Rosehill, not Hugh Bowman.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Promotion of both drivers and trainers is needed. I'd suggest most people even casual observers know more drivers than they do trainers. Twittersphere has seen a #bekindtoyourdrivers campaign but no #bekindtoyourtrainers campagin. The drivers make a name for themselves with the wider public as it is. People see C Alford, G Lang, G Hall Jnr etc out on the track competing every race and see their name in the form guide. So driver promotion is already at a decent level. While colours may add to the promotion of drivers a little bit it will absolutely cruel promotion of trainers who are already hidden away from TV cameras and only have their colours to promote them. We need to promote both.

Also, for small trainers and thousands of owners the joy of seeing their colours on the track and in the winners photo is far greater joy than the regular drivers would get.

How about we first work on getting trainers and drivers listed in the fields on the mobile site. Doesn't matter who's colours they are if you can't actually put a name to the colours.
    If I turn my phone sideways Brenno I can see trainers, drivers and a whole lot more ??

And I must be the exception for small trainers and owners then, for me it is all about the horses, the joy is in seeing my horses on the track and I couldn’t give a toss what colours the drivers are wearing.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Horses are by far the main attraction. Winx sold out Randwick/Rosehill, not Hugh Bowman.
    Yes she did, but Winxs don’t grow on trees......

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    If I turn my phone sideways Brenno I can see trainers, drivers and a whole lot more ??

And I must be the exception for small trainers and owners then, for me it is all about the horses, the joy is in seeing my horses on the track and I couldn’t give a toss what colours the drivers are wearing.
    Beauty. I wonder if I've been mad about this whole time for no reason, or they updated it and I hadn't turned my phone sideways since the update.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Been a little diagram for a long time at the bottom right of the page on my phone indicating to turn the phone sideways. Of course it did take someone else to tell me what it meant.....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Beauty. I wonder if I've been mad about this whole time for no reason, or they updated it and I hadn't turned my phone sideways since the update.
    Yes Brendan, it is amazing what with phones the go nowadays and naturally held in portrait mode - everything is still geared to landscape desk top mode

ps I have been in Melbourne for a month - it so good to be home to my desktop (and I haven't forgotten how to type, yay)
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-12-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know what to make of that Dot - only that we have become a 'look at me' world
    Could you translate what the half tanked were singing?

With you being a West Aussie - you should have a WA news thread for us
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Throwing their weight behind driver Gary Hall Jnr before last nights group 1 at Gloucester Park Kev.

Gary Hall, nah nah nah, Gary Hall Gary Hall Gary Hall nah nah nah Gary Hall.........

Closed Thread