Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Good Day Sunshine" - Queensland's Time in the Sun

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

"Good Day Sunshine" - Queensland's Time in the Sun

I am heading up there next week so pardon me for being so sunny

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=AP130719

The Oaks and the Sunshine Sprint - both have very short favourites

Off on a complete tangent, although it was a result of looking at last Saturday's results for Colt 31's recent form, I noticed 2yo winner/ QLD's leading 2yo Governor Jujon is by unfashionable sire Cammibest (at 23 in his twilight) who is also the sire of last year and this year's star filly Smart As Camm Be
    The fact that these two juveniles are already in the top dozen of his progeny indicates that previously his returns have been ordinary
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Enjoy it mate! Anywhere (with or without racing) would be better and less bitter than being in Victoria right now.

Hard to believe but it is now 41 years since Albion Park pulled off the all-time great promotion by attracting the great Maori's Idol to take on the pacers in the Sir Clive Uhr Championship! I still feel special just for having been there for the carnival.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Grant Dixon on fav Colt 31 had the luxury of Ohoka not only in his stable but also owned by the same connections - no wonder he didn't look too fussed

https://beta.harness.org.au/racing/f...19#APM13071901
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Cammibest

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am heading up there next week so pardon me for being so sunny

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=AP130719

The Oaks and the Sunshine Sprint - both have very short favourites

Off on a complete tangent, although it was a result of looking at last Saturday's results for Colt 31's recent form, I noticed 2yo winner/ QLD's leading 2yo Governor Jujon is by unfashionable sire Cammibest (at 23 in his twilight) who is also the sire of last year and this year's star filly Smart As Camm Be
    The fact that these two juveniles are already in the top dozen of his progeny indicates that previously his returns have been ordinary
    Always followed Cammibest after I saw him race in the US. A tough fast FFA horse that raced until he was 9 or 10 I think.
    Great looking racehorse, and interestingly bred with his sire and dam both by Most Happy Fella sires from Harold J Mares.

His half sister Kabbalah Karen B, imported by Lauriston Stud is the mother of Our Little General.

His winners to starters record is better than average, and average earnings per starter almost $30,000

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It seems incredible that Grant Dixon has 7/10 2yo colts in the Gp1 Triad on Saturday

And nice to see the Blacks A Fake $250k will be staying in Oz
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-20-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Colt31's 1.53.7 broke the 2680 Tk Rec

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#APM20071901

However even with 70% of the 2yo C&G field Grant Dixon got pipped, in fact he only filled one of the first 4
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-21-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Yes, track record, with many thanks to the unacceptable driving tactics on the stablemate.......
    Last edited by Dot; 07-21-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    How good is Self Assured?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good to see the stewards on the ball and suspending the driver of the leader who just happens to be the stablemate of the winner (and same ownership)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No mention of the trainer or owners before the stewards?
    Some even suggesting high profile owners like the Seymours should be embarrassed by the win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread