Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this The All Stars special edge?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Is this The All Stars special edge?

The following links explain

https://opencorporates.com/companies/nz/6340692

Mark and Nat directors along with Garry Andrews and Ian Mitchell

This is what it is

http://www.equinebloodsolutions.nz/

It has been a topic of interest on other forums for a year now

https://bitofayarn.com/yarn/topic/5064-blood-doping/

A search for Garry Andrews shows he has an involvement with Taylormade Equine Solutions
    I am unsure of Taylormade's status nowadays but in 2015

https://www.hrnsw.com.au/news/816/un...ormade-equine-

The person who provided these links to me wondered if the serum referred to in these charges against MP is the same serum referred to by Equine Blood Solutions

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing...ops-hefty-fine

No wonder the little guy has little chance
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    About to go through some autologuos blood cell harvesting and replacement myself. Don't think I will comtinue to race, though.

Kev, it costs $80NZ a day to have a horse trained at All Stars. For that money, I would expect the stable to have the competitive edge it has with all bases covered. The availability of this treatment is just one of them. Trainers being in partnership with veterinarians or veterinary product manufacturers is not new, Percy Sykes and TJ Smith founded Ranvet around half a century ago. It might come as a surprise to some that (heaven forbid) a harness racing stable has a majority shareholding in what appears to be a company that serves all forms of horse sports.

Of course, the same product is available to all trainers. The difference here is those forking out $80 a day for each horse are likely to need less convincing or persuasion to go down that path. A syndicate of 10 blokes paying $40 a day elsewhere might not be so easy to persuade. Given the size of the investment most owners have in All Stars horses - high priced yearlings and training investment - it is a risk mitigation strategy more than anything.

Just hope it works for me!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope it works for you too Trev
    The word from Nz seems to suggest that it is going to be banned
    I hope so as it is not a natural thing to have blood transfusions all the time and if it is actually providing an edge we don't want every stable with a Gp runner having to do it to remain competitive
    When you get to that point you all need to agree not to do it as it pointless - a rule is the answer (and saves everybody money)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Fully understand your sentiment Kev but, in my book, animal welfare is No 1 priority, These transfusions go a long way to ensuring the health of a horse, much preferable than seeing them race under sufferance. Or, much worse, with the aid of genuine performing enhancing drugs.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    New HRA Rules

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=41260

The last one:

GENERAL OFFENCES (BLOOD DOPING)

The insertion of a new AHRR 254(A) in Part 14 – General Offences under the heading Blood Doping was APPROVED:

254A (1) Subject to sub-rule (2) a person shall not either directly or indirectly withdraw from a horse, manipulate and reinfuse into a horse homologous, heterologous or autologous blood products or blood cells.

(2) A registered veterinary surgeon may for lifesaving purposes or through use of veterinary regenerative therapies for the treatment of musculoskeletal injury withdraw from a horse, manipulate and reinfuse into a horse homologous, heterologous or autologous blood products or blood cells.

(3) A horse that is treated in accordance with sub-rule (2) shall not be permitted to start in any race for a period of eight clear days from the date of the treatment.

(4) A person who fails to comply with sub-rules (1), (2) or (3) is guilty of an offence.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Those who subscribe to peterprofit.com will have seen that Archie has been questioning the probability of the All Stars success, listing the folllowing
    I have not checked the authenticity of them all but must say it is an incredible list
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    In answer to the question, no.

And, having read the article in its entirety, I am wondering what the author was on at the time of writing it. It basically questions the principal of Woodlands stud, the success of All Stars Bettors Delight progeny compared with the stallion's stock with other trainers and raises the possibility of favours being done for the All Stars.

The article ignores Bettors' success in North America and Australia, the persistence and stable loyalty of the owners of the horse's mentioned and the continued high level success Mark Purdon has experienced since the day he became a trainer in his own right.

Tall poppy syndrome at its finest. Or worst.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Which ones are wrong Trev?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    You need to put up the entire article.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why? Call mine the moderated version
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread