Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HRNSW/NSWHRC- nice work fellas

triplev123

HRNSW/NSWHRC- nice work fellas

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=16787

I've seen something similar to this done in Canada with an 'Ontario breds preferred' condition to a series of races.
    Here's hoping the NSW Trainers get behind this initiative.

Junior Member Foal BFF will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    interesting move by NSW. does this mean perhaps, we are sick of NZ imports taking our money?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    About bloody time
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    I know a lot of local NSW trainers have been complaining about the competition now provided by a number of interstate/NZ trainers and no doubt other high profile trainers that are making their way to NSW due to Menangle. I wonder if this is a response to that? I'm always for catering for the little guy as well as the little guy. I know Yonkers in NYC changed some of their conditions or added conditions to claimers to allow the little guy a bigger piece of the pie, too by excluding some of the bigger stables that dominate...

In saying that though, trainers in NSW have to realise is it going to get harder now. They have had it easy for so many years now, must be a bit of a shock to the system to have all these big guns move in....

triplev123
    It's all got to do with encouraging nominations Flashing.
    Saturday nights at Menangle have struggled in recent weeks but I don't know how much of it is due to any new aspects...though there's no denying that the well graded Kiwi ready mades would have some effect. This very same lack of noms thing has traditionally/historically happened around August-September here in NSW & particularly so here in Sydney every year since pretty much as far back as I can remember taking notice of it. There is ALWAYS a struggle to fill fields in certain grades between about the middle of August through to the first week of October.
    It's also around this time every year that the 'put your shoes on the window ledge and jump out' crew here in NSW start to stir, pointing at the lack of noms as somehow evidencing a downturn, that drastic measures need to be taken etc etc. They should just fire down some Lithium and take a breath and shut the &%$# up IMO. Every year they will bemoan this traditional low point in the noms and shout out about the sky falling and every year it never does.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I don't know if others remember it , but when I was very young , in the late 60's and 70's I seem to remember that harness racing , at least at Harold Park , went into recess from July to September.

Amazing to think about that these days.

triplev123
    Christ, you must be as old as dirt.
    Behold...Ozninja approacheth, armed with scythe & clock.

PS. Yes, I remember that. I was still in Primary School.
    Last edited by triplev123; 09-15-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: forgot the PS.

Junior Member Weanling Ribbon of Light will become famous soon enough Ribbon of Light's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark Darragh
    Horses
    Coco Lombo Pretty Little Lucy Filly foal
    Oz, I remember when that use to happen.
    Did you ever hear the fellow broadcast the trots at the winning post below the old grandstand.
    Gee that grandstand wall was hot on a summers night,faced directly west.
    This area was near the old bell lap indicator.
    Loved the way the photo finishes came down on the steel cord in the little carrier.
    Loved a lot of this about Harold Park,except for the Millers beer,it was flamin' awful in the plastic cups.
    Use to give me a headache the next day.
    Them were the days lol.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Christ, you must be as old as dirt.
    Behold...Ozninja approacheth, armed with scythe & clock.

PS. Yes, I remember that. I was still in Primary School.
    I was in a baby pram !! , and kicked up a fuss when my dad had nowhere to take me on those Friday nights!

triplev123
    Millers is awful all round. I reckon you could drink it from a Gold Chalice that was found in the Ark of the Covenant and it still be would be awful.
    My lasting memory of HP will be of the faces peering through the wire fence atop Scotsman's Hill and of Jack Starr's runners moving deftly throughout the assembled crowd up there, taking bets & then zipping over to the phone box to call them in.

+ Reply to Thread