Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Performance of Stallions whose Trainers methods may be questionable now

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black

Performance of Stallions whose Trainers methods may be questionable now

Just want to gauge peoples thoughts on some of the Stallions that have been imported into this country with great records in the US that may now be in question as a result of some allegations regarding the Trainers veterinary practices.

I'll admit to being duped with one that I went to based upon it being one of the best horses the said trainer had. To say the horse has been disappointing at stud is an understatement.

Similarly I bought a filly out of a more than handy racemare, who I later found to be running on more than natural ability.

Any thoughts?

triplev123
    I used to think otherwise but not anymore. At stud they're all maidens again.
    Chemical enhancement as a racehorse and subsequent siring ability as a stallion are mutually exclusive.
    For example, 6 of the top 10 2yo sires & 7 of the top 10 3yo sires in the USA came from the barns of Trainers with multiple positive tests. An enhanced race record might score a potential sire a better group of mares than he might otherwise have gotten but in the end, if he is no good...if he doesn't have what's required...good mares and all, he will still fail.
    Last edited by triplev123; 09-17-2011 at 08:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread