Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please explain...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

Please explain...

I was just reading the form analysis by Jason Bonnington for Charlton next week.

This is what he has written:

RACE 4:
    TOP PICK: BETTOR WATCH ME (3) has been the first horse beaten at all three runs to date but his last effort was an absolute ripper and whether he leads them around or takes the trail he looks a huge chance of breaking his duck today

What does he mean? ?????

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    It looks like he means that he does not have a clue what he is talking about :-)

Alternatively it is a review using pre-written default statements , not personally written , and there is some problem with amalgamating the overall entries.

Flashing Red
    Maybe it means, you know when you watch a race, it may be at the 600m or 400m or even 200m, but horse(s) start to give ground. It may mean his his past 3 runs he has been the first horse to give ground in those races. Perhaps his last run, he may have led the 3 wide train or something and was entitled to be the first horse to give ground but it was nevertheless a good run?

I don't know.

But I have heard that expression before, used by a racecaller in Qld...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Maybe it means, you know when you watch a race, it may be at the 600m or 400m or even 200m, but horse(s) start to give ground. It may mean his his past 3 runs he has been the first horse to give ground in those races. Perhaps his last run, he may have led the 3 wide train or something and was entitled to be the first horse to give ground but it was nevertheless a good run?

I don't know.

But I have heard that expression before, used by a racecaller in Qld...
    I have heard the expression many times before and know what it means, but in none of the races is it applicable!!!

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I have heard the expression many times before and know what it means, but in none of the races is it applicable!!!
    Like Ozninja said, must have been an erroneous cut and past job then

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Yes, you see it all the time. With so many meetings to cover , and time of the essence, there are standard default expressions that are inserted into form pages. Then the form person doing this can add a few brief extra words if needed.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I reckon over here in my local area the best default expression next to a horses form should be.................Looking for something easier - like retirement......

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I reckon over here in my local area the best default expression next to a horses form should be.................Looking for something easier - like retirement......
    Now thats gold for mine, unfortunately I've had a few that deserved that epitaph

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I was just reading the form analysis by Jason Bonnington for Charlton next week.

This is what he has written:

RACE 4:
    TOP PICK: BETTOR WATCH ME (3) has been the first horse beaten at all three runs to date but his last effort was an absolute ripper and whether he leads them around or takes the trail he looks a huge chance of breaking his duck today

What does he mean? ?????
    [VVV] That means that, as a tipster, old mate has his head up his clacker.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The best one that I ever read was years ago in a race book one horse had terrible form and the comment was "Surely there must be paddocks around"
    If you have read any of Jason Bonningtons stories in the Harness Racer you would know that he like to use 20 words to describe something when 2 would do !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread