Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bullshitting 101- this one takes the cake.

triplev123

Bullshitting 101- this one takes the cake.

Consider the father and son team of Rocknroll Hanover and Rock N Roll Heaven...both excellent racehorses, one's already a proven sire and the other is going to get every chance to follow in his old man's footsteps.
    Now here's the rub. Here's where the absolute bare faced bullshitting comes into play.
    I was up at the Pub the other day having a chat with a few mates who are also breeders and I heard a comment that was attributed to one stud person who shall remain nameless to the effect that a heap of breeders had begun to cancel bookings with one of the above mentioned and had changed those mares over to the other.
    Now under normal circumstances, whether you believed it or not, in the basic absence of anything reasonable to refute it you'd pretty much have to let that one slide.
    However in this particular instance, given the large physical differences in play, anyone that looks another in the face and sell that line as Gospel needs to take a good long look at themselves.
    If ever there were two sires that were physically so different that it would be more than reasonable to think that their books would be made up of considerably different mare types...then it is this father & son duo.
    Old mate that spouted such crap should hang his head in shame.
    That's exactly the sort of rot that messes with the heads of breeders who so often and at times erroneously look to people in his position for some fair & reasonable advice.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    The dodgy car salesman approach, not a good thing to hear and unfortunately I am not surprised.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    All breeders should get independant advise rather then rely on the word of a stallion owner or those closely connected to a stallion owner. After all they are primarily concerned with selling semen and with unlimited books and large finacial commitments they are only concerned with selling more of their own product regardless of how they achieve it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    All breeders should get independant advise rather then rely on the word of a stallion owner or those closely connected to a stallion owner. After all they are primarily concerned with selling semen and with unlimited books and large finacial commitments they are only concerned with selling more of their own product regardless of how they achieve it.
    Make your own decision is the best. You can listen to advice from other people but the best advice you make by yourself in your own mind your first thought's on a sire are usually the best
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    May sound nasty, but if people are going to believe the yarns spun at pubs without independent assessment... they're not too bright! :-/

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    May sound nasty, but if people are going to believe the yarns spun at pubs without independent assessment... they're not too bright! :-/
    [VVV] G'day Flashing.
    Nah, it's not nasty at all but I think you might have have somewhat misunderstood what I was aiming up on there. That was no pub yarn sans an independant assessment.
    The fellas I was talking to had already done their homework, they're long time breeders and as fate would have it perhaps the most knowledgeable & successful of them mentioned how ridiculous he thought it was that the bloke concerned had seen fit to make such a statement, one which it was clearly expected would be believed, in order to gain his business. Old mate apparently not knowing his audience from a bar of soap really astounds me. For mine, this was like an apprentice Carpenter meeting Frank Lowy, not knowing who he was, and then proceeding to tell him how to build Shopping Centres.

Flashing Red
    Oh OK! I did misunderstand your post!

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I think it is quite possible that some mares booked to RNR Heaven may be switched to RNR Hanover. For a long time there was no certainty that RNR Hanover was coming so it is reasonable to think that some had booked to RNR Heaven in the interim but have a preference to RNR Hanover.
    I have heard a lot of people say that they would rather go to RNR Hanover because he is a proven sire. On the other hand I have heard plenty of people who prefer RNR Heaven and regard him as a superior racehorse.
    They were always going to butt heads if the two of them came out. Both will get very good patronage and both should be successful. It will be interesting to see which one comes out on top in the long term.

triplev123

old tune but a great one & given the thread, VERY topical

+ Reply to Thread