Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Menangle Driving Tactics

Junior Member Weanling desibg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Menangle Driving Tactics

I'm a mug punter and ex-owner who quit the sport 8 weeks ago due to the cheats and time it's going to take to clean up this sport. I'm glad i don't have a horse anymore watching Luke Mc win 4 and 5 races a night, but he is so much smarter then the other drivers at Menangle. He knows when to go froward, when to go back, makes his moves down the back straight covering less metres then doing it around a turn.

Last night took the cake though when his $1.04 pop is 60m behind the field, the idiots in the race almost wait for him to catch up, then let him go to the front and let him run 30/31 sec qtrs. I know the horse is 10 fold above the others but at least put it to him and make him run 4x quick sectionals to give your selves a chance.

I still don't understand why drivers drive a normal M0 race different to a Group 1 race, would you want to win it no matter what, at the end of the day a Group 1 might be worth $200,000 but $16,000 is still alot of money for an M0. I have never sat behind a horse but the drivers at Melton seem to put "more effort" into their races.

Member Yearling MasterK is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Very true. This reminds me of the 1st time Auckland Reactor got beaten. He lost 60m at the start and David Butcher being the amazing driver he is sent All tiger forward and ran them as hard as he could for as long as he could not allowing Auckland Reactor the chance to catch. In saying that it is widely known people will often run horses for 2nds and 3rds so they dont advance through the grades and can earn more money with place stakes

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    We had a trainer do exactly that with one of our race mares, he no longer trains for us.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by desibg View Post
    I'm a mug punter and ex-owner who quit the sport 8 weeks ago due to the cheats and time it's going to take to clean up this sport. I'm glad i don't have a horse anymore watching Luke Mc win 4 and 5 races a night, but he is so much smarter then the other drivers at Menangle. He knows when to go froward, when to go back, makes his moves down the back straight covering less metres then doing it around a turn.

Last night took the cake though when his $1.04 pop is 60m behind the field, the idiots in the race almost wait for him to catch up, then let him go to the front and let him run 30/31 sec qtrs. I know the horse is 10 fold above the others but at least put it to him and make him run 4x quick sectionals to give your selves a chance.

I still don't understand why drivers drive a normal M0 race different to a Group 1 race, would you want to win it no matter what, at the end of the day a Group 1 might be worth $200,000 but $16,000 is still alot of money for an M0. I have never sat behind a horse but the drivers at Melton seem to put "more effort" into their races.
    Agree with you desi - if that grade was ever going to beat him then it was in that race. Over here in NZ I see it all the time. The hotpot has a mishap and no one takes the bull by the horns and they basically WAIT for the hotpot to catch up.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Isn't there a rule about giving your horse every chance to win?

Flashing Red
    Rule 149 I believe, but in saying that everyone is wiser in hindsight, which puts the stewards in a bit of a difficult situation....

+ Reply to Thread