needs shoulder rebuilt cost 10grand +
    insurance says what medi care covers he
    has to pay rest.Why should he pay any
    as it cost us $650 for insurance with our
    lience which makes us covered 24/7.
    why do we have to pay insurance if we
    have to pay what medi care does not.

aussiebreno
    I'd be willing to bet he didn't have a safety vest on and thus isn't covered by insurance anyway.....not that anyone would be able to prove he didn't have a safety vest on.

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    am willing to put month wages they did

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    A stupid vest isn't going to save a shoulder anyway. Don't get me started on vests. Next thing in the wind is knees pads, mouth guards, neck braces, cups, ankle and wrist straps......full body armour.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcattell View Post
    am willing to put month wages they did
    I withdraw my offer and retract my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    A stupid vest isn't going to save a shoulder anyway. Don't get me started on vests. Next thing in the wind is knees pads, mouth guards, neck braces, cups, ankle and wrist straps......full body armour.
    Yeh ok whatever but thems the rules.
    What do you mean next things blah blah blah anyway; vests and helmets have been around a long time its not like they're new and authorities haven't suddenly taken up a driver safety campaign :s

Flashing Red
    I wear a helmet and vest all the time, even when jogging. A vest saved me from getting internal injuries (after I fell flat on my stomach on a jaggered tree stump when a 2yo filly decided to run through the track fence and down a 10ft drop on the other side!!)... I'm so glad I wore it that day, I was just jogging. She took fright at the tractor, had a blind bridle on and ploughed straight through the wooden fence... all over red rover!

My helmet also smacked the cross bar (I went head first through the dustsheet) and I was SO glad it was my helmet getting the smack and not my forehead! lol!! :

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    No worries for me about helmets, I been wearing them for years too. and I know vests have been in for a few years. (At this stage I should warn you that I did say.....don't get me started on this subject)
    I did a paper on safety vests a few years ago when they were being introduced and I will add that I was completley open minded about them.
    These statistics come from BEFORE vests were introuduced and they show that 46% of injuries sustained in harness racing are to arms, wrists or hands, 51% are to hips, legs, kness, ankles and feet. Which leaves 3% to the torso, neck and head.

Okay my wife just walked past and saw what I was writing and slapped me on the head and said...."Your'e not still on about that? Let it go and get over it!!"

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I must add that when my wife hit me, it didn't hurt as I was wearing my helmet.......................

Flashing Red
    Hahahahaha!

lol I agree with you, a vest comparatively only covers a small percentage of your body. It did not stop a dinner-plate sized bruise on my left thigh (I'm not sure what I hit to get it, but it hurt) but everyone was amazed at the drop I took and sliding over this jaggered tree stump (and uprooting it) that both me and the horse (who just about somersaulted) ended up without any serious injuries.

I guess other than my leg, the only other impact I had was to my stomach and I'm glad that I had the vest there to protect it, otherwise my guts would have been all over that farm in NJ!! I was probably very lucky and bucked the odds (and only being in that 3% you said), but I will never not wear one again after that.

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    why should you have to pay insurance when you have to pay all
    your medical bills your self

+ Reply to Thread