Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: One of the worst things Ive seen on a harness racing track EVER!!!!

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Mind your language Kevin their is women and kid's on here as well send them a private message if you want to abuse them please
    Seems as though nothing has changed since May last year:

PIZZUTO BANNED

Stewards have suspended trainer-driver Kevin Pizzuto for misconduct after he swore and abused them following an unsuccessful protest at Penrith last month.

It was Pizzuto's second offence under the misconduct rule in quick succession and chief steward Michael Beattie took severe action, suspending his driver's licence for a year and his trainer's licence for four months.
    ''We will not stand for behaviour like that,'' Beattie said. ''If the shoe was on the other foot I would lose my job if I behaved like that to him, and licensees have to show stewards respect.''
    Pizzuto was also given a $4000 fine, fully suspended for 12 months, and will only be imposed in the event of another conduct-related breach of the rules.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...#ixzz1Ya3He4pE

Junior Member Weanling Shawshank Redemption will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    How'd you know? I was down at the track the other day actually and overheard somebody say "Gee, this bloke broke the clock" I went over looking for some business. Turns out the horse ran a half in 56.*

*Story may not be true.

Btw your username is epic. My favourite movie bar none.
    My alltime favourite movie too. Never liked Tim Robbins until I watched this movie.

I seemed to have wound you up with some of my other posts which you seemed to have taken the wrong way !

But lets face it mate in a battle of wits you seem to prefer unarmed combat !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    wow i forgot you have tats that must make you real hard to beat.now kev you stop talking S*** you hooked it up and dont get on here trying to convince people you didnt.and im not talking through my kick because i have not invested a dollar on the red hots for months the way races were being run because of C**** like you.

cop it on the chin or throw your rattle out of the pram its your choice
    Oh dear....

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Oh dear....
    Exactly

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Is it possible to that we can stop posting profanities (is that the correct spelling?) Its not that they cannot be used every once in a while, its just that this whole thread has almost
    gone to shit house or for you guys S*** house. Its the same word, by putting little stars? what the fuck does that do? OHHH sorry my mistake. What the F*** does that do?

From Admin: I agree, I usually play it by ear and have no problem with swearing if the content is ok (which is why I'll leave your above as it is). But I have just deleted the stuff entirely you are referring to as it was way too far.

Bottom line is context: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdzQpq1CkKU (NSFW but fucking funny)
    Last edited by justdoit; 09-21-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Come on Flash.. edit me

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Exactly

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    I'm going to lock this thread as it's taken a turn for the worst.

I understand many of you are not happy with the state of racing especially in Australia at the moment, but honestly we were hoping this forum would become more than a place to vent. Almost daily we receive calls and emails from various parties, often with accompanying legal threats, and if it does come to it we will simply have to shut down as currently the forum is free and not ad supported so there's not much business incentive there.

Even when I edit a name somebody names personally with an accompanying taunt for that person to sue, I get "don't you dare edit this admin", so it's becoming impossible to keep everyone happy.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is from here. In a perfect world I'd allow anybody to say what they liked, but internet being what it is, and racing being what that is it wouldn't take long for everything to fall apart. Easiest course of action for Harnesslink would be to simply not allow any talk of suspension, rule breaking etc. In my opinion this wouldn't make us any better than industry bodies (who I won't name) that don't mention the "dark side" of racing, and want to pretend all is well.

I'm going to repost this in the help/announcements section (here's the link), and I'd appreciate some feedback. Last time I checked internet law in NZ (where Harnesslink is based) is pretty outdated, meaning that Harnesslink, as hosts, are somewhat legally responsible for your comments. And imo staying out of a court room on your behalf trumps my inclination toward free speech, so something has to change.

I understand many of you are censoring your real opinions on this type of stuff somewhat which I appreciate, but it's not enough at the moment and as the forum grows it gets harder and harder to oversee. If we can't find another way we will need to instigate a hush hush rule where cheating etc isn't allowed to be discussed. I understand most of you won't like this, and you're free to leave, though we'd appreciate you staying and continuing to discuss the overwhelmingly positive aspects of the sport.

I'm also going to go through this thread and make some (hopefully) minor edits.
    Last edited by admin; 09-21-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added final line
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Closed Thread