Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: One of the worst things Ive seen on a harness racing track EVER!!!!

Junior Member Weanling Shawshank Redemption will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Your boss must have a hard time with you asking him about every little thing you're required to do in your line of work. The stewards at the meeting handle this type of thing; next in line would be Bill Cable.
    My apologies oh wise one !

Thought the idea was to stamp out corruption and that Sam was looking to do this. Going to the stewards, now hang on did not two stewards leave for "unknown reasons"

A Piece of advice always go straight to the top to the person that makes the decisions. If you go to a restaurant and the food is crap what do you do ? Tell the waiter as if he cares that much ! Tell the chef who like most thinks his food is the best and gets "upset" and ignores you. Or tell the owner that the food is "poor" and that you aint coming back and won't recommend the place to your friends.

Which one of the above is in the best position to fix this !

Flashing Red
    C'mon Shawshank, Flashing is NEVER wrong! Plus she's a women so that makes her never, never ever wrong
    Please take note Shawshank.... lol. Aussiebreno speaks the truth! :P

And in all honesty Shawshank (and this has nothing to do with what has been said on here in regards to Mr Pizzuto) but it is always easier to admit when you have stuffed up if you aren't subject to a pitchfork and torch witchunt that is all too common on internet forums. Whenever someone speaks (rather) nasty about you, it is only natural you want to defend yourself no matter what you have/haven't done. It's human nature... people are more likely to acknowledge mistakes in a diplomatic rather than hostile environment. *shurgs*

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank Redemption View Post
    My apologies oh wise one !

Thought the idea was to stamp out corruption and that Sam was looking to do this. Going to the stewards, now hang on did not two stewards leave for "unknown reasons"

A Piece of advice always go straight to the top to the person that makes the decisions. If you go to a restaurant and the food is crap what do you do ? Tell the waiter as if he cares that much ! Tell the chef who like most thinks his food is the best and gets "upset" and ignores you. Or tell the owner that the food is "poor" and that you aint coming back and won't recommend the place to your friends.

Which one of the above is in the best position to fix this !
    Yeah I agree actually. Trainer's should also ring Mr Nati and inform him of any change of tactics. Race-day officials should also gain Mr Nati's approval before settling on which horses get stabled where on raceday. Track curators should also inform Sam of when the water truck needs re-filling. Drivers should also ask Sam for assistance with whether to use Napi-San or Omo when washing their driver pants. Clerks of the course should also inform Sam when their horse gets shod.
    It isn't Mr Nati's duty to disect each race from a stewarding point of view.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Please take note Shawshank.... lol. Aussiebreno speaks the truth! :P

And in all honesty Shawshank (and this has nothing to do with what has been said on here in regards to Mr Pizzuto) but it is always easier to admit when you have stuffed up if you aren't subject to a pitchfork and torch witchunt that is all too common on internet forums. Whenever someone speaks (rather) nasty about you, it is only natural you want to defend yourself no matter what you have/haven't done. It's human nature... people are more likely to acknowledge mistakes in a diplomatic rather than hostile environment. *shurgs*
    Just taking the mickey but I would love to see you *Shurgs" Sounds erotic !

Just like the actress who wants to be a star and have everyone love her and talk about and watch her, then boo hoo shes crying because she has no privacy !

Lets not forget like actors and sportspeople these guys and girls ( Happy Red ? ) are performing under the public spotlight and criticism and compliments go with the territory !

Putting forward a good defence is sensible, abusing people never helps !
    Last edited by Shawshank Redemption; 09-21-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Yeah I agree actually. Trainer's should also ring Mr Nati and inform him of any change of tactics. Race-day officials should also gain Mr Nati's approval before settling on which horses get stabled where on raceday. Track curators should also inform Sam of when the water truck needs re-filling. Drivers should also ask Sam for assistance with whether to use Napi-San or Omo when washing their driver pants. Clerks of the course should also inform Sam when their horse gets shod.
    It isn't Mr Nati's duty to disect each race from a stewarding point of view.
    Aussiebreno you must repair old clocks because you do a good job of winding me up.

Sam Nati CEO and the biggest issue is corruption ! he needs to set the rules for stewards to enforce !

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Very hard to defend the indefensible.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Very hard to defend the indefensible.
    Why 2minuteman ?

The missus give you that after a bout of lovemaking ?

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    The drive looked bad to me, it will be interesting to see what the stewards think of it.

Kevin,
    Looking back at that race do you believe that you will have much of a problem with the stewards?

Live every act fully, as if it were your last.
    - Buddha

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank Redemption View Post
    Aussiebreno you must repair old clocks because you do a good job of winding me up.

Sam Nati CEO and the biggest issue is corruption ! he needs to set the rules for stewards to enforce !
    How'd you know? I was down at the track the other day actually and overheard somebody say "Gee, this bloke broke the clock" I went over looking for some business. Turns out the horse ran a half in 56.*

*Story may not be true.

Btw your username is epic. My favourite movie bar none.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    ?????

Closed Thread