Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Courage Under Fire Mare : 1st Trial

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith

My Courage Under Fire Mare : 1st Trial

Hello Hello,

Just an update for all the kind people who have wished me luck with my Courage Under Fire fillies.

My now 4 year old mare " Kiss Me Courage" is due to have her first ever trial at Redcliffe in trial 1 at 5.20 p.m.on Wednesday 21st September. Her highly experienced trainer Darren McCall believes that she has what it takes to make it as a racehorse after performing well in trackwork against some smart horses.

This mare is very special to me as after seeing Courage win the QLD derby I decided that I wanted to breed and keep a Courage foal. I tried to lease a mare with no luck, so I decided to purchase my first ever broodmare and breed her to Courage. I was hoping for a filly and my wish was granted. Her dam is a big lump of a girl and this mare takes after her mum as far as size and looks go.

This is the first horse that I have owned to race so like most owners I hope she can win a race for me. Fingers crossed that she does okay in the trial and can progress to a race start.

Regards,

Love Of Courage

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Best of luck with her LOC

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    Best of luck with her LOC
    Thank You ! Eliteblood.

Regards,

LOC

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Good luck! I have a real soft spot for a daughter of CUF myself!

Here's hoping she wins plenty for you

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    All the very best LOC. Sleep well tonight !!!

Flashing Red
    Good luck.

Hope she puts her best foot forward

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Hello,

Thanks for the well wishes Mightymo, Toohard, and Flashing Red.

Funny you should say Sleep well tonight Toohard, its only a trial but I have butterflies already !

Always enjoy your posts Flashing Red especially with the horse care and treatments.

Mightymo congratualtions, a lovely well bred race performed class mare with a good time next to her name. Would love to see her run some time in the U.S. Courage seems to sire good fillies and mares as well as the colts. If you get the chance I would love to see a few pictures of the mare. I think the embryo flush would be well worth while with her, as long as you send her to a "BIG" stallion as these little fellows like Courage are "DUDS" LOL

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Good luck and hope all gos well and she can win some races for you

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    Good luck and hope all gos well and she can win some races for you
    Thanks Ringman,

She looks like her mum and I am hoping she runs like her dad !

I know its silly but I hope she wins her trial, 1 step at a time !

Regards,

LOC

Flashing Red
    If she does nothing wrong, is running on at the finish and Darren tells you she has improvement in her - it won't matter where she runs, win loose or draw

Fingers crossed she trials nicely for you. I'd pop down but I'm swamped with work this week. Shame she didn't trial last week, I was at the trots then and we could have met!!

+ Reply to Thread