Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eugowra Canola Cup Final Oct 3

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke

Eugowra Canola Cup Final Oct 3

With the heats run yesterday (24/10) preparations for another exciting final now begin.
    As part of the Carnival of Cups, the Eugowra Club can look forward to another great days racing.
    FWIW my early tip is Make Some Magic, won impressively and looked to have a bit in hand. Though the barrier draw will have some impact on how the race is run, so I reserve the right to change my mind

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    What a great day. Huge crowd, excellent racing with a few upsets thrown in for good measure. My tip for the final came in fifth with Mat Rue making a return to the Central West to show them how it is done with Bobbie Dee Dee taking it out. Make Some Magic came undone by not being able to cross them and trying to deathseat the journey. You may get away with that when they are going 2:05 around Eugowra, but not when they are running 1:59! Look no further than Karloo Mick running second to Say G'day Lombo trying to go even better working three wide and then death seating! At least Mick was courageous enough to run 2nd

triplev123
    Always wanted to go to that meeting. One of the best days I've had at the races in years was at Scottsdale in TAS and it is also a once a year job.

aussiebreno
    What about the turnaround of Say Gday Lombo. Last year at the Eugowra carnival it finished 6th in a HEAT of the C0 there.

Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    It started in the Canola Cup heats two years ago, 26/9/09, and had 10 starts that season. Then a 7 month spell and returned to racing in Jan '11 and been consistently racing since. Seems to have struck a purple patch of late with a picket fence its last three starts making 8 wins total since Jan '11.
    Still a damn good scalp, a C5 or C6 beating a C34/M20+ or whatever Karloo Mick is
    Last edited by strong persuader; 10-04-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Took a look at the horses form :)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Barry thought before the race that he didn't think he could win it and that Hardy's horse would be the one to beat if it got the front and rolled along
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Weanling Harness29 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steven Sanders
    Pal ease.... Barry lews drive on karloo Mick was a shocker, down the back in 31 home in 27.6.. Why did he not run him up the back??? Cos he thought he would just run straight by him. Ill judged drive cost poor Mick the race no excuses. Bennett should have made the trip

+ Reply to Thread