Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kilmore Cup 2019 (and Stable numbers debate)

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

Forget team driving and think about public appeal. Do you think races in Tassie with every horse trained by Ben Yole or a doggy race with every dog a 'Bale' (old memory there) is as attractive as your average race with a spread of stables?
    They probably don't appeal to the public as much but the Australian principles of a fair go, free market society and innocent until proven guilty must prevail in my books.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    When I see a field with 4 or more runners from 1 stable I don't bet in that race. It seems by the small pool in the Kilmore Cup that many others think the same. Around 90% of race fixing or team driving goes unpunished due to it being too hard to prove. It may be rare but the perception is always there when a single stable has to many runners.

I may be in the minority but I would prefer a limit of 3 per race unless there are not enough runners for a full field.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You should be watching Thoroughbred Central this afternoon Brenno
    We just saw/heard Chris Waller giving his instructions to the jockey (with owners in a circle) for the fav in the Flight Stakes
    Amazing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    You should be watching Thoroughbred Central this afternoon Brenno
    We just saw/heard Chris Waller giving his instructions to the jockey (with owners in a circle) for the fav in the Flight Stakes
    Amazing
    Was on track, didn't know what they were talking about but probably seen the interview taking place as I watched them in the yard pre race!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know all the All Stars runners just had to be in NZ Trotting Cup today and I know it was over 3200m so the drivers tactics were sound especially when you look at the result but I cannot help but wonder whether the All Star runners would have handed up that easily to a horse from another stable

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/...rSite&Arg=TRUE
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I know all the All Stars runners just had to be in NZ Trotting Cup today and I know it was over 3200m so the drivers tactics were sound especially when you look at the result but I cannot help but wonder whether the All Star runners would have handed up that easily to a horse from another stable

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/...rSite&Arg=TRUE
    Cruz Bromac ran 3:57 for 3200 from a stand. He handed up to Classy Brigade after half a lap, so that takes a bit of wind out of your comment Kev. Open class ranks in NZ lacks depth at the moment as shown by the smallest Cup field in 20 years. The first three all led at some stage and all traveled along the pegs. Chase Aukland was the only horse that came wide and made ground so handing up "easily" wasn't a factor for the other runners. I watch all the metro races from Addington and the racing style we saw in the Cup is just as much as what you would see in a maiden.

And how good was it to see a crowd like that? And nobody dressed like a bogan.

aussiebreno
    Agree with Trev

Over 2 miles fair enough $14 shot hands up to $2.70 shot. Fair enough sit sprinter $2.70 shot hands up to $2.40 shot.

+ Reply to Thread