+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Interdom 2019

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    NZ are far too slow at getting results up on their site
    We haven't got R5 up yet, much less R6 so that we can work out the points
    +1

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well two of the top 12 dropped the ball (Solid Gold and Classie Brigade) but while On The Cards did just enough unfortunately Bling disappointed big time again and Triple Eight jumped into the final
    As we knew Colt31 needed a win not 3rd

So Mark Purdon/Nat have 5 in the final while Barry Purdon has 3
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Well two of the top 12 dropped the ball (Solid Gold and Classie Brigade) but while On The Cards did just enough unfortunately Bling disappointed big time again and Triple Eight jumped into the final
    As we knew Colt31 needed a win not 3rd

So Mark Purdon/Nat have 5 in the final while Barry Purdon has 3
    Bling does as expected. Heart the size of a pea

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I hate bagging drivers, because just about everybody who has non idea does but.............I don't think one single Aussie came off the track in the Pacers heats happy with themselves.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PACERS

Ultimate Sniper 51
    Cruz Bromac 45
    A G’s White Socks 43
    Chase Auckland 42
    Thefixer 35
    Mach Shard 32
    My Kiwi Mate 26
    Ashley Locaz 25
    Sicario 25
    San Carlo 24
    Triple Eight 24
    On The Cards 22
    Classie Brigade (E1) 21
    Solid Gold 20
    Colt Thirty One 18
    Star Galleria 18
    Bling It On 16
    Another Masterpiece 16
    Dance Time 15
    Our Uncle Sam 15
    The Devils Own 13
    Check In 11
    Conviction 10
    Henry Hubert 9
    Atomic Red 9

TROTTERS

Temporale 38
    Winterfell 38
    Paramount King 37
    Majestic Man 35
    Massive Metro 34
    Marcoola 32
    Habibi Inta 23
    Tough Monarch 22
    Destiny Jones 21
    Valloria 20
    Big Jack Hammer 19
    Bonnie Highlander 17
    Monty Python (E1) 16
    C K Spur 16
    Pres The Belle 15
    Ronald J 11
    Kenny’s Dream 11
    Sertorius 10
    Didjabringthebeers 6
    Woodstone 4

In both gaits there is a gap after the top 6

Interesting that after the first round the pacers top 6 was the same as it finished up (and the trotters was not greatly different)

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/dochr/m...inalPoints.pdf
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Pathetic ID series except of course for the All-Stars their dominance in New Zealand and Australia shows no signs of abating and if anyone thinks this is good for harness racing you'd be deceiving yourself big time.
    Two pacing heats poor prize monies if this is the future then harness racing is doomed. Harness Racing WA attempted to inject some life and interest into the Interdominion but since then it has steadily declined.
    I believe that when the TAB is sold in WA ( which is imminent ) They are going to struggle in WA as with the other states.
    Now as an observer after 20 years in trotting I can see where this is all going to end.
    Many years ago the media was wholeheartedly behind harness racing, promoting the sport at every opportunity with great stories comprehensive form guides now their not the slightest bit interested and without media promotion, you're doomed.
    My comments on harness racing are always appearing negative but I'm stating things as I see it wish I had a lot more optimism but alas.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Pathetic ID series except of course for the All-Stars their dominance in New Zealand and Australia shows no signs of abating and if anyone thinks this is good for harness racing you'd be deceiving yourself big time.
    Two pacing heats poor prize monies if this is the future then harness racing is doomed. Harness Racing WA attempted to inject some life and interest into the Interdominion but since then it has steadily declined.
    I believe that when the TAB is sold in WA ( which is imminent ) They are going to struggle in WA as with the other states.
    Now as an observer after 20 years in trotting I can see where this is all going to end.
    Many years ago the media was wholeheartedly behind harness racing, promoting the sport at every opportunity with great stories comprehensive form guides now their not the slightest bit interested and without media promotion, you're doomed.
    My comments on harness racing are always appearing negative but I'm stating things as I see it wish I had a lot more optimism but alas.
    You are from WA, I suggest you have a gander at the number of horses with the suffix NZ next to there names in any form guide for a trots meeting in your state.

The recent NZ Cup and FFA had the weakest fields for decades due to lack of genuine open class pacers. The handicapping system and lack of 4 year-old races and age features means horses are "on their mark" far too soon. As a result, most horses can be bought for the right money, usually a lot of money. Western Australia, in particular, is a popular new home for NZ horses. It's not just "open" class horses as youngsters also make the move. I note Virgil, which ran sixth in the 3 year old Sires final on NZ cup day, ran second first up in a feature race at Albion Park last night. Heisenberg, a good 4 year old from the Dunn stable and winner of races, is running in the Green Mile at Methven today but has been purchased by Australian interests and will be here soon. Plane loads of horses leave NZ each month bound for North America as well.

Of course, the elephant in the room is the dramatic drop off in foal numbers in both countries. As a former "small" breeder, the jump to be made from hobby to commercial status is too far. Yes, there are better quality stallions around these days but I choke when I see anything by, say, Bettors Delight running round the bush for $4500. Immediately you know either a breeder or several owners have bled cash. Shuttle stallions and frozen semen has been the death knell for smaller stud farms and breeders. The results are now being seen nationally by smaller fields.

The Auckland ID series has also seen some ho-hum representation from Australia. It takes a solid foundation and preparation to compete in an ID series; most the Aussie horses have lacked that. I disagree with the timing in recent years, the ID's in recent years have been run pre-Christmas. Traditionally, late February of March gives trainers more time to prepare their horses for such a grueling series.

Injuries forced the scratchings of some to prospects, The Fixer and Self Assured being a couple. Of course, both of these were All Stars horses which would just send more people into a rant, but it would have been great to see Ultimate Sniper facing off against Self Assured in the final.

Stakemoney is pretty ordinary but it is what it is.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Sorry, meant Spankem not Thefixer (even spelt his name wrong!).

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    6 months ago Thefixer looked to be above these but it appears he isn't racing as well.

I've really liked Chase Aucklands runs this prep. First of the horses in the running line home in the NZ Cup then won the FFA.

Smokey Ashley Locaz, only had the two runs this prep so will be peaking for the final.

Best 100-1 shot Mach Shard. Some peaks in performance at Auckland.

We will learn a lot more over the next 7 days. Looks to be a really open series between the Purdons and Aussies. Bring it on.
    Thefixer has improved but not to the point where he was. Cruel draw but he is probably my pick to run third.

Chase Auckland ran 3 good seconds but had chances to win, not good enough and that draw is plain awkward.

Mach Shard done well to qualify as my 100-1 pop and had a good series but this final is obviously above him.

Ultimate Sniper drawn to lead and will do a demoltion job here. As long as Ashley Locaz can cross to the front he is the only hope of something being in the course photographers photo.

Had Ashley Locaz had Chase Aucklands Friday night he would have beat Ultimate Sniper for mine. $3.13 place currently available TAB. I'm not au fait with his gate speed to be honest but I can see him getting leaders back and from there will be a terrific shot at a placing. That will be my play.

Finishing Order:
    1. Ultimate Sniper
    2. Ashley Locaz
    3. Thefixer
    4. Cruz Bromac
    5. My Kiwi Mate
    6. A G s White Socks
    7. Chase Auckland
    8. Triple Eight
    9. San Carlo
    10. Sicario
    11. Mach Shard