Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bendigo Harness Museum News & Historical and Breeding Articles by Noel Ridge

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I found a pic of Annastere in the 1972 Year Book which states underneath that she was the first to win the Derby-Oaks double since Argent in 1956. So it has been 50yrs since it was done and only twice in 66yrs
    I was there for both her wins, driven by Neville Welsh and trained by Johnny Collins.

NZ has gone the same way with the Derby and Oaks on the same meeting in December. Amazing Dream will most certainly be the last Oaks / Derby double winner, albeit the Northern Oaks and Derby in 2020.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I found a pic of Annastere in the 1972 Year Book which states underneath that she was the first to win the Derby-Oaks double since Argent in 1956. So it has been 50yrs since it was done and only twice in 66yrs
    Argent stands alone, having completed the double in Vic AND NSW. What a filly! Of course she went on to leave top racehorses and successful sires Gyro, Gyration and Sperry.

+ Reply to Thread