Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive swabs

Junior Member Weanling Harness29 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steven Sanders

Positive swabs

Isn't it funny the amount of positive swabs there has bin of late in NSW, seems strange that since the corruption has hit positives mainly TCO2 are wild... Connected too it? Or are stewards trying too connect it?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Just goes to show that swab's are now being done now when they should be.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Steven Sanders
    Greg that's a fair call but there's been a heap lately all have got good time. 6 months ago all they were getting were fines.. Where's the consistency?? Pete morris 18 months big time..
    Young Mitchell Butterfield got 10 months the other week.
    The latter of the two looked too be something out of the box in the training ranks, I've been watching him for a while as I've wanted too give him a couple of my horses too train for me, his ability too improve a horse was something you would expect from a Luke mcarthy or Paul Fitzpatrick not a kid.
    First offences shouldn't be so severe, my point is that 6 months ago these would have been fines but now that we are being rocked by corruption they are getting big time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Who were the one's that were only fined i can't remember them
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Steven Sanders
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Who were the one's that were only fined i can't remember them
    I'm unsure Greg but I'm sure there was about 4 prima facie TCO2 swabs that got fines between 6 and 12 months ago

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Just goes to show that swab's are now being done now when they should be.
    correct they have been paid to do a job and failed to deliver for too many decades......... yes decades

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Harness29 View Post
    I'm unsure Greg but I'm sure there was about 4 prima facie TCO2 swabs that got fines between 6 and 12 months ago
    It is an interesting point you raise about those cases. I am to be convinced that the decision not to charge with a breach of the rules was not the correct one.

If I got pulled up for drink driving and my first breath test showed positive but the confirmatory showed negative I would be filthy if I was charged and found guilty and by the way that would not happen..

My view is simple why have a confirming test if the result is of no consequence just save a fortune and do the one test in all swab cases, effectively this would half the current cost of testing so you could do twice as many.

I am being sarcastic here I think we need the confirmatory test they have it in all sports world wide we read about it week in week out.

I will go on record as saying no confirming test no breach or simply get rid of it, then there is no grey area.

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    The amount of TC02s of late really show the threshold levels are wrong......its been a long time since any research has been completed.

Real Name
    Steven Sanders
    The threshold shouldnt be changed that's ridiculous, and most people know that a horses tco2 doesn't only rise from bicarb there can also be other factors.
    My point life's in the inconsistency of stewards in the penalties they deal out. How can one bloke get a 1k fine then the other 10 or more months. It's time we got ran by people who are not complete dopes and run by people that at least have half a clue

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Harness29 View Post
    The threshold shouldnt be changed that's ridiculous, and most people know that a horses tco2 doesn't only rise from bicarb there can also be other factors.
    My point life's in the inconsistency of stewards in the penalties they deal out. How can one bloke get a 1k fine then the other 10 or more months. It's time we got ran by people who are not complete dopes and run by people that at least have half a clue
    So I take it you comfortable with a swab being declared positive with only one laboratory finding it so, even when the other laboratory could not confirm it was positive.

Please enlighten me as to any other sport that has this policy I like to be educated.

+ Reply to Thread