Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizzuto suspended

Junior Member Weanling Minty will become famous soon enough Minty's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kristy Padberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I wouldn't regard him as a friend, rather as an acquaintance. I am calling it how I see it.
    I am very much the same FR. I wouldn't know Kevin Pizzuto if I fell over him! I can't see how flogging a horse is improving perception of harness racing. In fact quiet the opposite. Whip use is one of the most contentious issues affecting public perception of the sport. And I'm talking about the general public, not just punters. Unfortunately a lot of punters think a horse will keep going quicker while a driver hits it. Not true.

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    But if the stewards are going to be serious then they need to be consistent. There is no way Pizzuto should be the only one getting a massive suspension.
    Agree 100% - consistency across the board.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    You lot are kidding if you think the SUSPENSION handed out to Kevin Pizzuto is harsh.

I am not going to comment on his innocence or guilt, as I have said many times on other topics you need to see all the stewards video coverage to have any hope of making those determinations.

But I will pose this question to forumites who demand consistency who was the last Driver, Trainer or Jockey in Australia or New Zealand in either code who when found guilty off a merits charge was only suspended.

I am an old man and my memory is fading I admit that but I can not remember one. As always I am happy to be corrected.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    VOR, you say you are an "old man" , but you are as sharp as ever. I always enjoy your thoughtful posts. Keep it up

Junior Member Weanling Minty will become famous soon enough Minty's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kristy Padberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post

But I will pose this question to forumites who demand consistency who was the last Driver, Trainer or Jockey in Australia or New Zealand in either code who when found guilty off a merits charge was only suspended.

I am an old man and my memory is fading I admit that but I can not remember one. As always I am happy to be corrected.

There have been a few. Penalties ranging from $5000 fine to 3 months suspension.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    I don't blame a Padberg from defending Kevin because all the Pizzuto stable cast offs end up in Debby Padbergs stable in WA.
    Minty can you confirm that this statement about Pizzuto cast offs and the relationship with the Padberg stable is correct?

If so , your seeming defence of Pizzuto's drive , when your family has a close professional relationship with him , might make readers question your reasons for posting here. Also you have only joined the forums when this thread was started and have never posted before.

If the quote at the top of my post is correct , your statement in another post here "I wouldn't know Kevin Pizzuto if I fell over him!" is rather puzzling.
    Last edited by David Summers; 09-30-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Banned Foal Pureblonde will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Phyllis Winter
    $5000 fines and/or 3 month suspensions.....please Minty provide detail of these....they seem very light penalties for a "Merits" charge. VOR....are you saying the stewards should've disqualified Pizzuto?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Pureblonde View Post
    $5000 fines and/or 3 month suspensions.....please Minty provide detail of these....they seem very light penalties for a "Merits" charge. VOR....are you saying the stewards should've disqualified Pizzuto?
    Firstly I think Minty is wrong I do not recall the stewards imposing a "Suspension" penalty under a Merits charge ever and like you want details before I will concede.

I agree there have been thousands under the reasonable and permissible section of the rule since it was first around in the 1970's but none to my memory under a "Merits" charge.

I have not offered an opinion on the Pizutto drive and still will not for the reasons outlined all I am saying is if he is guilty of a " Merits" charge than the appropriate penalty is a period of disqualification from the game.

To my memory that has always been the case and this penalty moves into dangerous ground if he is guilty he can continue to train and now instead of driving them himself he can use the best driver available.

I am sorry but if that is harsh than I am an Astronaut.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Firstly I think Minty is wrong I do not recall the stewards imposing a "Suspension" penalty under a Merits charge ever and like you want details before I will concede.

I agree there have been thousands under the reasonable and permissible section of the rule since it was first around in the 1970's but none to my memory under a "Merits" charge.

I have not offered an opinion on the Pizutto drive and still will not for the reasons outlined all I am saying is if he is guilty of a " Merits" charge than the appropriate penalty is a period of disqualification from the game.

To my memory that has always been the case and this penalty moves into dangerous ground if he is guilty he can continue to train and now instead of driving them himself he can use the best driver available.

I am sorry but if that is harsh than I am an Astronaut.
    For some its even a reward not a punishment

Junior Member Foal Davo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Davies
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I wouldn't know Kevin Pizzuto if I fell over him! .
    Must be a few Kristy Padbergs then. There is one in WA who trains a horse called Alta Delihlah. You mentioned falling and I understand this horse fell in the last. Is it ok.

Did you realise Kevin Pizzuto trained Alta Delihlah in NSW before you bought it?

+ Reply to Thread