Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: South Australia

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

Exclamation South Australia

she`s Baaack! trials 1 and 3 Gawler sunday 10th 2019.
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-02-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Have you a link Allan?
    I cannot find trials fields
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    allan gee
    i had lovable larrikin black booked and when i walked away from the trotting industry i forgot to shut down my black book. hence when he was entered i was notified..being a 12yo now i would have thought that he would be well retired.they are square gaiting him now it seems. i followed the link on black book to gawler trials....trained by f.pullicino,driven by gaita pullicino. now that she`s back in action i will be taking a bit of interest again.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Racing needs those colourful characters who are honest as the day is long. Adds to the entertainment value.
    I'll be keeping an eye out for what shenanigans she gets up to next.
    See that her son Tony still has another six years on his DQ.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=AW101119

Real Name
    allan gee

more woes for SA

well i said that i would be taking an interest again,and last night at globe derby race 1.wham bam thank you maam....lovable larrakin since resuming has had 11 starts for a average placing of seventh not counting 1 r [i presume retired] 70 mtrs last galloping after tirering badly.. i won`t describe the race ,rather leaving you all to watch and decide for your selves... well worth the watch....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#GDC29022006

$9.10 on the tote

A claiming race with a few around these odds except for an odds-on fav
    This was only his 4th start after a 2yr break
    He is now 13yo

It was some win considering the run he had
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-01-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The term chaff bandit came about with much of that field in mind.

If I read any stories on the driver's "comeback win" I'll chunder!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Stewards seemed to miss that she was out of position at start ! She has picked up where she left off ! A blight on the industry.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A $59 winner for Gaita as driver at Globe Derby tonight, the mares first win for 2½yrs but she did have a 1½yr break before her last 3 starts

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#GDC21032009
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    This story slipped past me and is now three weeks old. Not that this matters, because it is the never ending story!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...3c1a2318d98a83

Nothing can highlight the fact that Harness Racing in SA is totally stuffed more than this story. "A second chance", they say. Arithmetic, obviously, is not a prerequisite skill to be the HRSA Chief Executive going by what Brendan Neal is quoted to say. I can count, and the article list at least 13 guilty priors for Gaita.

Peterprofit.com today shows in detail the offences in VCAT's determination to permanently ban Gaita. It makes compelling reading yet HRV initially and now South Australia have entertained her persistence to remain in harness racing. In doing so, they undermine the interest of honest participants and the integrity of the industry they are entrusted to promote and grow. And, for a full chunder, HRSA post a video interview with Gaita saying how grateful she is for being given a second chance.

Gaita can't count, either. Maybe she is a shoe-in for the Chairman of Stewards job now Simon Ewen has resigned. Then again, Rod Weightman is just twiddling his thumbs at the moment!
    Last edited by Showgrounds; 08-22-2020 at 05:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread