Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward

Toohard's Article: Never invest in anything that eats

Just wanted to draw attention to a story by forum member Toohard that's just been published on Harnesslink.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=92778
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    what an awesome read. This is exactly what racing is about. Perhaps some of the authorites should use Paul's essay as their marketing material...

I cant wait for the next chapter...

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Great read, appreciated every sentiment within it. It just made me smile as it brought back memories of similar experiences. Agree with mightymo, would make great advertising for the industry as it captures the sheer enjoyment that can be gained from these wonderful horses.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Gday Harvey and Phil

Thanks for the comments. Every single one of them has a story to tell. Unfortunately we too often hear only the bad stories.

The next chapter is a work in progress Harvey. They have to retire first and the "another champion out in the paddock" referred to in story turned out to be Palais Du Louvre. We hope he still a few years off retiring but he got a great story to tell. My son and I have learnt how to make movies too now. We make a DVD for our trainer every year. Very scratchy and unprofessional but his 2YO season
    one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9xuwEw7os

But don't tell anyone coz tipping I've infringed at least 20 copyright laws!

Cheers

Flashing Red
    Just read the article, what an absolute cracker! I love the horses with the stories behind them Go Fez!

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Here is a link that shows the stuff my daughters are doing with their horses.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8p-VCY69vM
    The chestnut was a $400 discard that my parents picked up and we 'borrowed' several years ago whilst the brown is a standardbred that we bred and showed great inclination to trot and when I turned him out a 3 to allow him to fill out a bit, the girls 'borrowed' him to see how he would take to riding and that was the end of any racing plans I may have had.
    The other video that is there is one of a heifer that was abandoned by its mother and raised by us (mainly our daughter) and she got the idea that she could train it do somethings that perhaps a cow shouldn't be doing, but who gets in the way of fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqyH..._order&list=UL
    Last edited by strong persuader; 09-30-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added last sentence and link

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    That's incredible Phil. Great horsemanship by the girls.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Gday Phil

How cool is that!! Great stuff!!

Cheeers

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    Here is a link that shows the stuff my daughters are doing with their horses.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8p-VCY69vM
    The chestnut was a $400 discard that my parents picked up and we 'borrowed' several years ago whilst the brown is a standardbred that we bred and showed great inclination to trot and when I turned him out a 3 to allow him to fill out a bit, the girls 'borrowed' him to see how he would take to riding and that was the end of any racing plans I may have had.
    The other video that is there is one of a heifer that was abandoned by its mother and raised by us (mainly our daughter) and she got the idea that she could train it do somethings that perhaps a cow shouldn't be doing, but who gets in the way of fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfqyH..._order&list=UL
    Gee your daughters can RIDE! And have a lot more guts than me! I second eliteblood, what great horsemanship skills they have How long did it take for those horses to get use to them hanging off them in all those weird and wonderful positions?

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Toohard,

Loved the story a great read ! It goes to show that everyone involved in harness racing has a story to tell if they care to put pen to paper.

Keep us updated on Palais Du Louvre !

Regards,

Sue

+ Reply to Thread