Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Morris Sr returns positive swab

aussiebreno
    Either that or don't give your horse bi carb...

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Yeah real bright Breno.....
    Do your research.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Yeah real bright Breno.....
    Do your research.
    You just said its time to do new research so why would I bother go looking at past research if its wrong according to you 'Sonny Bill'?

I know theres room for error but how come its the same trainers getting repeated offences?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    It's because theyre crooked (people that play outside the rules )
    Morris Snr has gone before the best thing to do is rub them out for good and sonny bill you can get your horse's tco2 level's from a normal blood test done at home from your vet.
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 10-01-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added statement
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal Davo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Davies
    Occupation
    If found guilty it is time to deal with this person in the most severe manner possible. Most severe.

With the son also disqualified there might be no one left on that nice property next to the menangle track or all the horses will have to vacate.

Junior Member Foal Karloo Krew will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mickey Young
    Peter Sr got disqualified for 14 months today for the positive swab, identical punishment handed down to his son Peter Jr a couple of months back. Could spell the end of the family's involvement in the sport, so I am being told.

Also just read on Twitter that there has now been seven disqualifications in the past two months in NSW harness racing - and that's without swabbing of all winners at all meetings. Scary to think the number of trainers who would appear before the stewards if they started swabbing all.

Anyway here is the full decision - can't believe Morris was only given a slap on the wrist for a positive swab last year:

Stewards today concluded an inquiry that was opened on 12 October 2011, into a blood sample taken from THIS BOY prior to race 7 at Menangle on 27 September 2011, which upon analysis revealed a Total Plasma Carbon Dioxide level above the threshold as prescribed in the Rules.
    At the inquiry on 12 October 2011, Trainer Mr. Peter Morris SNR was issued with a charge under Australian Harness Racing Rules 190 (1),(2) & (4) in that as the trainer of THIS BOY he did present that pacer to race in race 7, at the Menangle meeting on 27 September, 2011 when a blood sample taken from it prior to the race upon analysis revealed a Total Plasma Carbon Dioxide level above the threshold as prescribed in the Rules.
    Mr Morris in defending the charge today, presented evidence from Dr Derek Major and was assisted by Mr Paul Matters.
    The Stewards found the charge against Mr Morris proven to the applied standard, and therefore guilty as charged.
    Mr Morris was disqualified for a period of 14 months effective immediately.
    In considering penalty, Stewards considered submissions tendered by Mr Matter on the behalf of Mr Morris, his previous record, which showed previous offences and his long licensed history.
    On 29 September 2010, Mr Morris was issued with a 2 year suspension which was suspended under the terms of AHRR 256 (5)(a) for a period of 12 months.
    As this recent offence occurred within the 12 month period, the Stewards have asked Mr Morris to make further submissions on this matter.
    Acting under AHRR 195 THIS BOY was disqualified from its 2nd placing in Race 7 at Menangle on 27 September 2011.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You just said its time to do new research so why would I bother go looking at past research if its wrong according to you 'Sonny Bill'?

I know theres room for error but how come its the same trainers getting repeated offences?
    Touche!

triplev123

VVV has a long memory

Maybe now that he has some spare time on his hands, Peter should aim for a reunion with Roger...at a Chinese Restaurant...just for old times sake? May I suggest Lees Fortuna Court at Crows Nest?

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Admin,
    Could you please merge this thread with "Scum Bags of Our Sport".

Thank you

triplev123
    G'day Starship,
    I'm not about to defend his actions, his record is deplorable. However having known Peter for quite a long time...I think it was through Joe & Daniel Cordina that I first met him?....I've found it very hard to reconcile the Peter that I see at the races & talk to now and again with the Peter who does whatever it is that he does/has done over the years to so fairly regularly get himself into strife. At the risk of being howled down here, he is a very nice bloke, certainly very friendly & all. Perhaps I'm alone in thinking this way, perhaps not. Crazy stuff whatever the case. Never understood why they do it. Never will.

+ Reply to Thread