Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lexington Day 1- Some pretty amazing prices here

triplev123

Lexington Day 1- Some pretty amazing prices here

Last edited by triplev123; 10-04-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the last bit. :-P

Flashing Red
    For a country that is borderline going back into a recession, those prices are through the roof!

triplev123
    Incredible huh? I know Lexington is always a front loaded catalogue and Day 1 invariably goes off but even so, given the prevailing economic conditions up there those are quite amazing prices.

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott
    I disagree. If you look at all categories besides pacing colts, the prices are lower than last year. Take out the $450,000 purchase, those pacing colts are lower than last year.
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I disagree. If you look at all categories besides pacing colts, the prices are lower than last year. Take out the $450,000 purchase, those pacing colts are lower than last year.

[VVV] G'day Allan.
    That's an interesting way to massage the figures mate.
    Level with me. You're not secretly advising our PM & Federal Treasurer from afar by any chance are you?

The operative statements there of course are Flashing's [For a country that is borderline going back into a recession, those prices are through the roof! ] and mine of [given the prevailing economic conditions up there those are quite amazing prices.]

That doesn't seek to compare this year with last year, take out a 450k seller whilst leaving last years untouched and then point to the Pacing colts otherwise being down etc etc.
    Instead, both seek to point out what was, for all intents and purposes, an excellent result and it is especially so from my point of view given the fact that, like us here in Oz, it appears that the US economy has suffered and continues to do so as a result of a host of leftist shit bags, eco-marxists, people who seek to be regularly offended on behalf of others, apologists for varying causes & garden variety social weevils having somehow gotten a death grip upon the US steering wheel. Viewed in those terms, Day 1 at Lexington was verging on a miracle, IMO.

triplev123

Day 1 Sales topper + interview with Bruce Saunders

http://vimeo.com/30001921

plus some paddock footage of him
    www.huntertonsalesagency.com/ht/?f=live&d=videos/live/Lexington Select Sale&v=103-HITTING+THE+CYCLE-web.mov (hopefully that link works?)
    Last edited by triplev123; 10-05-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Member Gelding Fullerton will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    While I enjoy Allan's posts I totally disagree with him on this one. If you take the top seller out from this year you have to take out the top seller from last year.Have to agree with triplev123 here.On another note it was amazing to watch the bidding go on with Hitting The Cycle it was incredible really something to see the crowd excitement was amazing as they went at it at one point the auction slowed to just a slow talk and when Bellino won the crowd went wild they had to stop the auction for a couple of minutes after for the next horse. Mr Bellino keep doing what you do I love the way you reinvest.

Junior Member Weanling J BELLINO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Joe Bellino
    Thank you Fullerton!

triplev123
    I thought the best bit about the interview with Bruce Saunders was the immediacy of it....of just how close after the hammer fell that it was. He was still experiencing the adrenaline rush of taking a $450,000 pacing colt out of the sale ring and it was pretty terrific to see. All the very best of luck with him Joe. Btw, I'd love to see something similar done here in Oz at the APG Sales....some right after the hammer falls interviews posted on the net. There's probably no better way to convey the excitement of a sale than talking to the buyers & sellers involved after one goes off for a big ticket. Great stuff.

Junior Member Weanling J BELLINO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Joe Bellino

Thank you triplev123

First I think you hit it I have never seen Bruce so flustered, second I know I spoke to Bruce 10 mins before the horse came out and he asked me what I thought and I said he's going to go between 350 & 400 . I would love to see interviews like that after a purchase and watching the video is great.

+ Reply to Thread