Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interdom. 2013/15

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

Interdom. 2013/15

Just heard John Dumensy on RR explaining how,what,why and where this brave new concept will bloom.While not wanting to say that "everything was better when I was a boy" this all looks a bit like a Chinese Pack a Poo ticket.
    We might get seven heat winners and seven loosely defined others in the final but what about getting the best overall field in the final?
    J.D. said that horses nominated for heats must be trained in that jurisdiction for three months prior to the running of the heat/s.
    I will bet good money that owners/trainers will be looking at each jurisdiction and rating the local talent v their horse and having a three months holiday to get an easier qually.
    If they do not do that, how will owners/trainers, n the stronger states feel about getting 1 shot at qualifying for the final.
    This concept WILL NOT give us the strongest final field.

triplev123
    G'day Ron,

I'm very pleased for the ID as a series that it will now have a home for at least 3 years running, mainly because I'd think promotional opportunities that such continuity might produce could well be greater than that produced by the travelling roadshow routine.
    I'm also pleased that the NSWHRC has got it in hand and especially so that it will be raced on the best track there is in this part of the world. Better still is that it's only 1/2 hr to 45mins drive from here. Otherwise, I try to refrain from having too much to say as far as the format goes because, while I do like to watch the older warriors battle, I've always much preferred 2yo & 3yo Classics to IDs. The format aspects are far better left to people like yourself who understand their implications & have a greater interest in them.

aussiebreno
    Will trainers have to declare a change of tactics?
    The tactics being which state they race in for the heat.

Outrageous format.

Flashing Red
    The only state with any sense is WA. Bring back the 3 heats and final!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I'm 100% with you FR , but alas I think we are swimming against the current :-(

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Will trainers have to declare a change of tactics?
    The tactics being which state they race in for the heat.

Outrageous format.
    [VVV] Geeze Breno...don't go giving the Stewards ideas like that!

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I'm very pleased for the ID as a series that it will now have a home for at least 3 years running, mainly because I'd think promotional opportunities that such continuity might produce could well be greater than that produced by the travelling roadshow routine.
    I recall reading somewhere a while back that having it for 3 years was a condition required by Tourism NSW or whatever the relevant quango is in order to secure promotional assistance. I think the travelling roadshow was seen as being a bit like the circus coming to town and then moving on. I hope it goes well as an event though I do have to say I prefer the traditional format, all of which will be a moot point to the average man in the street that I assume the marketing will target. Hopefully we will be on the up and up by the time the ID gets here and that it provides a boost to the now battered image.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Does this mean that now that this current "three year ID" concept has been locked in that it is now "set in concrete" and no changes or tweaking can be made to the format at all in those three years? [if needed , that is]

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Ron,

I'm also pleased that the NSWHRC has got it in hand and especially so that it will be raced on the best track there is in this part of the world. .
    Agree with most points raised especially the "best track" comment.My main problem is that I can see too many good horses missing out on a run or being subject to arbitrary exclusion.
    Take a look at the 20 top ranked Australian horses for ID 11 and then try and work out the ten finalists from five Aust. heats then have a look at the top ten NZ horses and nominate the two finalists (NTH & SOUTH IS.) and maybe the next two from there.
    Let's not even begin to wonder about the square gaiters qualifying under this format or are they going to use the old system.
    I agree with 3000m and 14 starters as a spectacle and the ability of Menangle to handle a field of this size.
    I admit that this is only an opinion,but opinions are like a*******s,every one has one.

triplev123
    At the risk of incurring Flashing's rather considerable wrath ....I REALLY dislike those God awful 3km standing start slogs. IMO they should have gone the way of the rest of the Dinosaurs by way of staggering into & then drowing themselves in the La Brea Tar Pits. A mile & a 1/4 to a mile & a 1/2 from the mobile is about as far as any Standardbred should ever be asked to go.

+ Reply to Thread