Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Interdom. 2013/15

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    HRNSW don't insult the name and history of a great harness event by having the audacity to call the "dog's breakfast" you have put forward an "Interdominion".

No , it most definitely isn't. Not even close.

More appropriate to call it the Australasian Clayton's Travelling Circus. Why "Clayton's" ? It's the Interdominion you have when you are not having an Interdominion.
    Last edited by David Summers; 10-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I'll just add that , in case anyone feels like calling me an "old fart , living in the past" , then I'll save you the trouble I am [sometimes] , ask my wife!!

If this is the way ahead then I will have to accept it, but for the sake of the great history of the Interdominion , why not call the Perth ID the final Interdominion and move on.

A brand new name for the proposed 2013-15 pseudo- Interdominion should be considered.

Why not give it it's own unique branding?

Flashing Red
    What I hope is the WA is such a roaring sucess and with all the money HRNSW now has, that we can change back to the old format.

IT SORTED THE MEN FROM THE BOYS!! Only a true champion could win a three heat and final format!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    What I hope is the WA is such a roaring sucess and with all the money HRNSW now has, that we can change back to the old format.

IT SORTED THE MEN FROM THE BOYS!! Only a true champion could win a three heat and final format!
    Doesn't sound likely. All the press releases have HRNSW saying this new format is the best thing since sliced bread. Imagine egg on the face if they backflipped saying 3 heats is the go. Although that would be the right decision I can't see them changing it.

Flashing Red
    The reason why I like more than one heat, is because any heat will be tough to win - you get a bad draw against a field of good horses despite being a top horse yourself, you may not get in. At least with heats it sort of evened everything out...

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Add me to the list of those unsupportive of this change. It is a new race and cannot ever be compared to an Inter-Dominion. It is just wrong to say that it replaces the ID, if they felt the need to do away with the ID, do that, then announce a new race, not some convoluted garble about revamping an age old tradition that still excites a lot of people.

+ Reply to Thread