Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    The stewards report doesn't list the blood test but the stewards comments in the results does mention swab and blood test . The stewards really need to get this stuff right for integrity reasons. The public really can't be sure what happened !
    And I notice no mention of betting fluctuations. Perhaps the stewards assume that an empty betting ring means there was no betting activity.

Ever heard of Betfair? Check the activity on the race there.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From R1 at Melton last night, looking at the expression on the face of Tayla French mid race - driver of leader Form Analyst, one might believe she is thinking that John Justice in the death is softening her up for brother Lance on her back

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM10102011

Then in R3 was it really 'magic' by Greg Sugars to get Abouttime off the fence or had he already discussed with Anthony Butt whether Manthadee wanted the fence. Why else would Butt be easing then. I would love to see the side on of when he comes out as at the post they were still level and it would have constituted dangerous driving if you didn't know the other horse was easing for the fence

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM10102005
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-11-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    John Nicholson gets a QDT for deciding he is going to lead on the favourite as opposed to letting the 2nd fav have it? Really

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#KIC14102007
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    John Nicholson gets a QDT for deciding he is going to lead on the favourite as opposed to letting the 2nd fav have it? Really

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#KIC14102007

Had gone back last couple of starts, today leads from wide.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If COT still exists that is fair enough (I thought they had done away with COT)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    If COT still exists that is fair enough (I thought they had done away with COT)
    Not specific to this horse but just because you don't have to tell stewards about a change in tactics doesn't mean crooked shit goes unchecked. A horse thats gone back repeatedly and gets plunged and then leads is QDT for sure. Likewise a horse that usually goes forward that goes back and runs dead is a QDT for sure. Not having to tell stewards beforehand doesn't mean dodgy tactics go unchecked.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can see that a scenario such as you describe "A horse thats gone back repeatedly and gets plunged and then leads" may be grounds for a retrospective inquiry into its previous starts (although the answer may often be - we didn't think it could get the lead that race)
    I'm just not sure you can QDT, query the driving tactic of getting the lead and winning - clearly good successful tactics. I would probably go for QIP before QDT

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What about the QIP for Image of Starzzz winning R4 at Terang tonight
    He led and rated 1.58.6 to win
    At his previous start he only got beaten 6m when the winner went 1.53.9
    It is not his fault that he started $50 because the race included one top line 2yo who was having his 2nd start back after 15mths off and one heavily supported runner next to him who began badly

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#TEC14102001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I can see that a scenario such as you describe "A horse thats gone back repeatedly and gets plunged and then leads" may be grounds for a retrospective inquiry into its previous starts (although the answer may often be - we didn't think it could get the lead that race)
    I'm just not sure you can QDT, query the driving tactic of getting the lead and winning - clearly good successful tactics. I would probably go for QIP before QDT
    Horse going back from gate 4 flying home 3 and 4 wide in 1.58 was same performance as next start when it leads from 4 and wins in 1.57. Its the drive that is different.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In R5 Melton tonight, why did Scott Ewen let Kate Gath on the eq fav Out To Play, off the fence, he clearly looks at her before letting her out
    He paid for it too as I reckon Bulletproof Boy could have gone close from the 1x1

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM17102001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread