Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Drives like that of Rodney Petroff on Segesta in R3 at Kilmore need a big fine so that they know they have to fill their allocated barrier position, not choose where they want to go
    He drew 7 but had no intention of filling that spot and was already angling for the SR2 position

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#KIC13052009
    With only 8 starters atm and no back row runners horses being out of position at the start has become very common .
    It is very common to see the horses drawn 1 and 2 hold back from the mobile and hit the gate at top speed to gain a fast start. They are only in position right at the start point. They only penalty seems to be a warning for OPS.
    For integrity reasons this needs to be stamped out. If horses are not in position about 30m before the start, the start should be aborted and large fines placed on drivers. Under the current rules they should be false starts but the starters are ignoring the rules. Most likely due to pressure from Sky Racing to have races start on time.

I believe integrity (Fair starts) are more important for the industry.
    Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Yes my horses suffered due to it so there are some sour grapes involved. Watch race 5.
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=BA060520
    Last edited by gutwagon; 05-14-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    With only 8 starters atm and no back row runners horses being out of position at the start has become very common .
    It is very common to see the horses drawn 1 and 2 hold back from the mobile and hit the gate at top speed to gain a fast start. They are only in position right at the start point. They only penalty seems to be a warning for OPS.
    For integrity reasons this needs to be stamped out. If horses are not in position about 30m before the start, the start should be aborted and large fines placed on drivers. Under the current rules they should be false starts but the starters are ignoring the rules. Most likely due to pressure from Sky Racing to have races start on time.

I believe integrity (Fair starts) are more important for the industry.
    Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Yes my horses suffered due to it so there are some sour grapes involved. Watch race 5.
    https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=BA060520
    I endorse this post.

Haven't watched video but its not sour grapes at all - rules are clearly being broken and having an affect on the race and other horses chances. Its downright cheating and the penalties are nowhere near severe enough.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    An interesting one in the Stewards Reports from Bathurst 10/5/20. In the follow up reports for a race at Bathurst on 24/4/20. Trainer fined $100 for an alteration to the lugging pole. Trainer then fined $200 for not adhering to a Stewards instruction to fix the aforesaid lugging pole and using it in the race! If the stewards observed it before the race, why was it not checked again prior to the start, ensuring it had been fixed?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Firerockfireroll was nearly surprised by Pur Dan in the last at Melton tomorrow but when the replay is up have a look at what was going on with Connor Clarke's left foot in the last bit (hopefully the replay will include the head on)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...D#MXC160520D02
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been told that he was just activating some gear. Pur Dan (a real Gavin Lang drive by Ryan Duffy) nearly snuck up on him and definitely somewhat caught him by surprise
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have been told that he was just activating some gear. Pur Dan (a real Gavin Lang drive by Ryan Duffy) nearly snuck up on him and definitely somewhat caught him by surprise
    Jnr driver certainly got a learning experience without having to lose the race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Take a look at race 5 Melton last night (16/5/20) . Candy Man tries to get a flying start on the fav from the pole, does his usual hanging back 15m from the gate and tries to hit the gate at high speed just at the start point. Missed timed it this time, hit the gate and horse galloped, ran last.
    Stewards take on it - horse began badly, out of draw. Removed the score up from replay and commence replay from start point. No penalty for driver.

Do they think we are idiots ? We just want a level playing field.
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Take a look at race 5 Melton last night (16/5/20) . Candy Man tries to get a flying start on the fav from the pole, does his usual hanging back 15m from the gate and tries to hit the gate at high speed just at the start point. Missed timed it this time, hit the gate and horse galloped, ran last.
    Stewards take on it - horse began badly, out of draw. Removed the score up from replay and commence replay from start point. No penalty for driver.

Do they think we are idiots ? We just want a level playing field.
    +1

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    When can a horse leave the course? After All Clear is given?

Interesting to read in the Stewards Report for R3 at Bendigo last Thursday

"Post-race veterinary examination was attempted on Ozzie Playboy however was unsuccessful due to the gelding having left the course."

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=BN210520
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    HRV Wuhan Flu guidelines make it clear all participants, and I presume this includes horses, are to leave the course as soon as their commitments are over. Either the stewards were asleep or the horse was driven off the track into the float!

+ Reply to Thread