Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/tas...DEMK98pz2PfxBY

More on it

I like how Murrihy said, " would be viewed as an affront by any fair-minded person "

John ( note use of first name constantly in article ) says
    "If you've broken the rules to allegedly gain an advantage, then you can't keep the race"

Great IMO
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/tas...DEMK98pz2PfxBY

More on it

I like how Murrihy said, " would be viewed as an affront by any fair-minded person "

John ( note use of first name constantly in article ) says
    "If you've broken the rules to allegedly gain an advantage, then you can't keep the race"

Great IMO
    I think the use of 'John' is to distinguish him from Rhys - you can't just say Nicholson ...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Paul Courts should have gone with John Nicholson - jùst John makes him sound like a crony

UNBELIEVABLE today - The Age that can Never spare a line for harness racing, has a lengthy report on the demotion
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Paul Courts should have gone with John Nicholson - jùst John makes him sound like a crony

UNBELIEVABLE today - The Age that can Never spare a line for harness racing, has a lengthy report on the demotion
    Yes, sounds like a crony. The reason could be that he is. It would have been fitting had he sought to interview Ray Murrihy but that is not the modus operandi for industry apologists.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mangini pleads guilty in horse doping case

From at least in or about 2011 through at least in or about March 2020, Mangini and his conspirators manufactured, sold, and shipped millions of dollars' worth of adulterated and misbranded equine drugs, including performance-enhancing drugs (“PEDs”) intended to be administered to racehorses for the purpose of improving those horses' race performance in order to win races and obtain prize money. Mangini, a former pharmacist whose license was suspended in 2016, sold these drugs through several direct-to-consumer websites designed to appeal to racehorse trainers and owners, including, among others, “horseprerace.com” and “racehorsemeds.com.”

http://www.harnesslink.com/USA/Mangi...se-doping-case

I cannot remember the leading 2yo trainer's name but he used to move on all his horses at the end of the season 'because he did not want to compete with the chemists' - LOL Mangini was a pharmacist!
    (He figured ability/education was more to the forefront than drugs in 2yo racing)
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-25-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought Kate Gath would have been asked why she stayed 3 fence with Even money favourite Pacifico Dream in a 7 horse race

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#GEM17042101
    I finally remembered to check the Stewards Report on this one - nothing!
    Is 3 fence in a slowish first half for this class of horse, the spot you want to be on a $2.10 fav in a 7 horse race
    Tell me what I am missing?
    (I am not saying she would have beaten General Dodge as it panned out but why didn't she come out and give her horse every chance?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I finally remembered to check the Stewards Report on this one - nothing!
    Is 3 fence in a slowish first half for this class of horse, the spot you want to be on a $2.10 fav in a 7 horse race
    Tell me what I am missing?
    (I am not saying she would have beaten General Dodge as it panned out but why didn't she come out and give her horse every chance?)
    She was $2.10 based on probability of leading or at least being behind leader.

General Dodge was its price based on probability of being death seat.

Reactor Now was its price based on probability of being in no mans land from gate #7.

She did try to get out of the gate but General Dodge just had too much speed. Once the positions took shape General Dodge looked a good thing (say $2) and Reactor Now (say $2.50) odds would have drastically shortened. Leave no options but for Pacifico Dreams odds to drift out in running. So in real time was really a $10 shot once it ended up 3 pegs - which was no fault of the drive. Lachie McIntosh with a lap to go notes 'speed map turned on its head'. Not too many times anyone would really have a problem with a $10 shot staying 3 pegs instead of sitting in death against two shorties.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Brendan, you often give me an alternative way of looking at things
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Steve Matson gets off his 12mth Disqualification (Long Read)

http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...Decision)1.pdf

Matthew Craven cops $500 for mouthing off (2 more clicks to get to details)

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...atthew-craven/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lisa Miles took Nota Replica to Menangle last week and it ran a shocker beaten 46m.
    Change of trainers and last night it was pipped late in 1.50.6 (seconds faster than he has ever gone before)
    All the more remarkable as it generally needs its races spaced. I know some will point to Menangle being much faster than say Bendigo and forgive last weeks run due to travel and point to last night being a shorter trip
    BUT I will be interested in the Stewards Report to see if it gets a QIP ?
    I sometimes find NSW Stewards Reports pretty bare

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#PCM15052104
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread