Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This could be a first, a trainer pleading guilty to a Cobalt charge and getting off with a suspended sentence

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...ary-donaldson/
    HRV Stewards are appealing the decision

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...ary-donaldson/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From the Menangle APG final last Saturday

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=PC070522

Ms Glide explained that the time between 12.30pm and 1pm an inspected Mr Stanley’s runners was undertaken and subsequently found that SOHO ALMASI had a substance applied to all four legs. Trainer M Stanley explained that sometime on the afternoon of Thursday, 5th May he applied a product “Runners Relief” liberally to SOHO ALMASI and since this time he had not worked SOHO ALMASI nor washed the horse up until the time of the race day inspection. He added that he was aware of his requirements to remove any poultice from his runners prior to 8am on race day. However, he had undertaken other tasks race day morning and had failed to remove the poultice prior to Ms Glide’s arrival

As PP says - Surely the Stewards Don't Believe Him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    6 days ago

Tim Bolitho, trainer of Cornish Smuggler ($10.00) which finished in 8th and last position beaten 59.4m after leading was queried into the seemingly poor performance of the gelding. Mr Bolitho advised the gelding to extremely disappointing and could offer no tangible explanation for the performance. Mr Bolitho advised he will reassess the racing future of Cornish Smuggler within his stable. A warning was issued against the gelding’s racing competitiveness. A post-race veterinary examination failed to reveal any abnormalities.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=HM160522

Today comes out and wins at Ararat at the skinny odds of $3.50 - the above and below do not equate. Are we and the stewards being taken for mugs
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-22-2022 at 09:52 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I reckon Captain Barnato was pretty unlucky to lose R2 at Geelong on protest

Watch the replay right to the end, especially the head on footage, I did several times and I think Really Really came out as much as the Captain came in thus both horses contributed to the wheel lock.
    We are only talking about inches for both of them. At the same time there was plenty of unused room in the sprint lane.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#GEC01062207
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I mentioned in the Speed Explosion thread, there seems to be a lot of interest in R7 at Ballarat from the stewards

Not only would most have expected Captain Ravishing to win, all would have expected Simply Sam - the winner of 5 from 11, to fill a place in the small field of 6
    IF you were convinced he wouldn't then it would have only cost 1x4x3 = $12 to cover the Trifecta
    For every time you had it, you would have received a return of $130, odds of 10/1, much more attractive than the $1.20 the win

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BAC09092206
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I have followed Simply Sam closely since stable connections attempted to publicly shame stewards for their temerity to suspend champion driver Maurice McKendry for an ill-judged drive on the horse. Inside the last 400 metres at Alexandra Park McKendry chose to leave the three wide line before entering the straight to pursue a non-existent opening along the sprint lane. Had he just waited and hooked out four wide it probably would have won. It did win in three subsequent starts when driven in this manner.

At Ballarat, in a 6-horse field, N Jack decided to place the hose four back the fence. When the winner tore away down the back straight he stuck to the pegs before running straight into the back of a tiring runner. It's unimaginable that Jack had not been informed of the horse's racing style, unprofessional if Jack had not done the basic homework of watching race replays from the HRNZ website.

McKendry, in my opinion, got off light with a three week suspension. Jack should get the same, but we are dealing with gun-shy Victorian stewards and Nathan Jack. He probably smiles and walks.

Interestingly, the Lincoln Farms spin machine is yet to mention this race. Plenty of "nothing to see here" coming from the stable today, however, about Copy That's performance last night. If they still gave a magnum of bubbly for drive of the night I'd present Nathan Jack with a butcher's apron for his drives on Simply Sam and Copy That. This follows his drive last Saturday night on Lochinvar Art who, if you can believe it, had a lung infection but is still going to Addington for the NZ Cup. Ahem, that is only 2 months and a long plane trip away.

Good luck with that. I would have thought it was a significant setback.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I mentioned in the Speed Explosion thread, there seems to be a lot of interest in R7 at Ballarat from the stewards

Not only would most have expected Captain Ravishing to win, all would have expected Simply Sam - the winner of 5 from 11, to fill a place in the small field of 6
    IF you were convinced he wouldn't then it would have only cost 1x4x3 = $12 to cover the Trifecta
    For every time you had it, you would have received a return of $130, odds of 10/1, much more attractive than the $1.20 the win

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BAC09092206
    They are still very interested but will anything come of it?

RACE 7 – COLIN & HEATHER HOLLOWAY 3YO CLASSIC (2200 MS)

Captain Ravishing raced greenly at various stages when leading and hung in passing the 200m.

Allan McDonough, driver of Idealrockidealroll, was questioned regarding the tactics adopted on the colt, in particular his decision to improve forward without cover shortly after the start and his failure to continue to improve forward when positioned without cover during the early stages. Post-race veterinary examination of Idealrockidealroll revealed the colt to be lame in the off-hindleg. After taking evidence from Mr McDonough and trainer’s representative Clayton Tonkin this matter was adjourned to allow Stewards the opportunity to review the evidence tendered, consider the veterinary findings and investigate any other relevant matter .

Nathan Jack, driver of Simply Sam NZ, was questioned regarding the tactics adopted on the colt, in particular his decision to remain positioned on the marker pegs at approximately the 1900m as Idealrockidealroll improved to his outside. After taking evidence from Mr Jack and trainer Ray Green this matter was adjourned to allow Stewards to consider the evidence tendered, further analyse the previous New Zealand racing performances of Simply Sam NZ in detail and investigate any other relevant matter.

All wagering on this event will be subject of analysis.

An inquiry was opened into an incident which occurred during the stabling and float carpark area. After taking evidence from licensed persons Anton Golino, Clayton Tonkin, Allan McDonough and relevant witnesses this matter was adjourned to enable Stewards the opportunity to review the available CCTV footage.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=BA090922
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I had a phone call from a prominent owner on Sunday night. I mentioned Simply Sam's race and their thoughts matched that of the subsequently released stewards report. It made me watch the race again as they noted McDonough's horse just sat outside Simply Sam seemingly unwilling to to improve its position. At the bell, after strolling along in front, Pit turned around to see where the runs were coming from. They weren't so he took off.

Id love to know what took part in the stables and the car park, we'll just have to wait and see.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wondered what the stabling incident could have to do with R7
    Anton Golino did not have any horses at this meeting
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I wondered what the stabling incident could have to do with R7
    Anton Golino did not have any horses at this meeting
    Ray Green's horses are staying at Yabby Dam Farms. I suspect Anton was performing the strappers / float driver's duties.

+ Reply to Thread