Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Saturday: Ballarat Cup, Oaks and Derby heats

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

This Saturday: Ballarat Cup, Oaks and Derby heats

Fields are out

3 NZ raiders for the Cup, 2 for the Derby and 1 for the Oaks

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA180120
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Two NZ fillies here for the Oaks, Dr Susan and Memphis Melody. Best filly in NZ not nominated. Disappointing not enough quality around for three heats.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Is it just a coincidence that Stewerts got a perfect split of runners in the Oaks and Derby heats ? I thought they were not splitting horses from the same stable anymore.
    Don't die wondering !

aussiebreno
    Ballarat Cup field is a cracker. How good will the Hunter Cup be considering you have to make room for Thefixer, Bling It On, San Carlo and probably/possible Ignatius, Alta Orlando, Mach Shard, Triple Eight. Insane quality if they all get there fit and probably going to be some justifiably unhappy connections somewhere who miss out on a start.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Who would have believed that NZ's Harness Cafe's thread on the Ballarat Cup would get more views than our own

https://www.racecafe.co.nz/forums/in...-harness-cafe/

Not surprised to see The Storm Inside scratched
    I know it could be for any number of reasons but he certainly failed at the trip last start
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I should have gone to Ballarat tonight, it would be good weather wise (assuming the talk of smoke haze is not a factor)

If any readers go, you could do me a favour. Can anybody tell me if there is a table for 2 on the 2nd tier of the Terrace restaurant as they like to call the main lounge (that is down from the majority of the floor level but not up against the glass). The table will be just to the left of the stairs which take one to the outside viewing area. I would have liked to book it again but was told that they were not doing tables for 2 on the 2nd tier (only the 3rd) - it has just got me beat what they might have put there for my memory tells me it was only big enough for a table of 2 as it was next to a column and stairs down to the terrace tables.

Pardon my eccentricity

ps It defies belief that Ballarat Dogs are on tonight too
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-18-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oaks Ht 1
    No doubt drawing the same heat as the NZ raiders didn't help but 0/3 Stewart runners qualifying is not the norm WRONG - with only 2 heats 6 qualify so Amelia Rose sneaks in
    The Frisby stable would be very happy with Jenden Strike's fourth ever start

Oaks Ht 2
    Well Majida does as expected and gives the Stewart stable a single qualifier for the Oaks
    Sky are pathetic broadcasters - they gave us the home straight finish on ¼ screen so that they could show us a dog standing around and the odds for 2 other events
    (should be watching Trots Vision but too many on the internet in holiday town Halls Gap tonight)
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-18-2020 at 11:19 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Proper Derby and Oaks distances will sort out most locals. Too used to 2200 races, the NZs do that regularly as 2 year olds.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know that they race over that distance as much as they used to Trev (train?)
    The R1 quinella had never raced over more than 2200
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Derby Ht 1
    No wonder there were so many moves (which is what we like to see) - they were crawling and it ended up simply a sprint home

Derby Ht 2
    Soooo easy for the Governor

Derby Ht 3
    Just about the race of the night IMO. A challenge for the lead when refused always makes things more interesting.
    Line Up certainly showed what he can do when he behaves
    If Clayton Tonkin is not still part of the Stewart barn, he has had a bad night
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-19-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread