Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post

I remember the same calmes made years ago when EPO was rumered to be around. But to my knowledge no one in harness racing has ever had an EPO positive.
Wrong.

As at 10/2009:

1. ALAN DONOHOE
Five charges for acting in a manner detrimental to the sport by administering EPO to five different horses: Schultz, Jimmy Jazzalong, Bailey Bromac, Disco Lemonade and Riverboat Rosie.
Penalty: Six-year disqualification.
Status: Appeal against penalty yesterday, reduced from six years to four years and six months.

2. JEREMY QUINLAN/
LARRY GRANTHAM
Three positive tests from pacer Em Maguane.
Penalties: Quinlan (trainer) disqualified for six years. Grantham (stable foreman who admitted administering the drug) disqualified for 13 years.
Status: Quinlan appeal to be heard at a date to be set. Grantham did not appeal.

3. AUSTIN MIFSUD
One positive test from an out-of-competition sample with pacer Julies Equity.

4. PHILLIP WALTERS
One positive test from an out-of-competition sample with pacer Second Mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post

I honestly believe this will all eventuate to nothing. I really dought itpp in being used in Australian racing. It's just the same as its always been and the rumer mill keeps on spinning out the usual crap.
Wrong.

I have talked to a trainer and a owner in NSW who have been approached in the past to buy ITPP. I can tell you the stuff is not cheap, way above the means of a hobby trainer. The only blokes who can afford this are big time stables and big time punting stables. It is definitely out there.

HRNSW came out with an article a couple of months ago, stating that older swab samples would be frozen and retained for when a test becomes available to detect ITPP. I can guarantee HRNSW knows it is out there, and this was HRNSW's subtle way of telling these trainers to quit while the going is good.