Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: David Thorn....1 winner in the past month!!!

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Interesting stat...!!!!!!!!!
    Wasnt long ago his horses were running through brick walls.
    I remembered reading through this thread and found it strange all the excuses that were given.
    It seems things havent changed for David.
    3 months on and it gets worse.......

76 starts for 8 wins.......thats almost 1 win for every 10 runners.
    Last season he was going at just over 1 win for every 4 runners.

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonie View Post
    I remembered reading through this thread and found it strange all the excuses that were given.
    It seems things havent changed for David.
    3 months on and it gets worse.......

76 starts for 8 wins.......thats almost 1 win for every 10 runners.
    Last season he was going at just over 1 win for every 4 runners.
    Let me guess the same members that are standing up for the new poster boy , were standing up for thorny when he was running rampant.

Probably with the same OUT TRAINING OUT DRIVING MANTRA

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    In Victoria a similar thing seemed to happen, a pair from down Cranbourne way and the Fat Butcher lost all there steam.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    If i can add something to Stonie's post. David now has 55% placing's 1st - 4th as a trainer and 53% as a driver at Menangle no not going very good at all.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Quote Originally Posted by candykisses View Post
    Let me guess the same members that are standing up for the new poster boy , were standing up for thorny when he was running rampant.

Probably with the same OUT TRAINING OUT DRIVING MANTRA
    Yeah you got it Cassie, Same old....crap.
    Its funny how most trainers can work away and get similar results year in year out.
    Whilst others have these unexplainable bursts where their horses are unbeatable.
    There are a handful of them around and this is something that should be looked at.
    They are quite happy to pick up a form reversal of a horse but not trainers......

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I certainly wouldn't accuse anybody training today of any malpractice;however I do make my own private assessment of trainers and horses and generally keep it to myself. I'm like Bill (Thevoiceofreason), I've been around horses a lot longer than most on this forum. I've been through the late 60's,70's 80's and 90's and I know how it works. There were trainers bobbing up from nowhere during the 70's & 80's, achieving almost instant success and then disappearing, due mainly to the analytical labs. Nothing has changed except the swab testing has become a lot more sophisticated and you better be more than one step ahead of them.

On saying this the penalties for positive swabs are becoming more and more lenient and trainers are taking advantage of this.Its imperative that an analyse of what drugs can be used (therapeutic) and what can't (performance enhancing) be presented and made legal.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-17-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added post

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    I think in the current climate, people are entitled to be a little curious or ask questions, especially when particular trainers racetrack results warrant it. This is due to the ongoing swabbing and bribing scandal in NSW and also the fact there is still no test available for detecting the presence of ITPP in swab samples. In my opinion if both of these issues were put to bed, people may have more peace of mind that all trainers are competing on a level playing field.

I thought a good point was raised in an earlier post, if stewards can inquire about an improved performance of a horse in a race (or even a poor performance in a race), why can't the same thing be done with trainers who's teams have gone from average to firing in a matter of weeks/months.

I was talking to some friends in the industry afew weeks ago. I mentioned to them to keep an eye out for Ronnie Lloyd's horses around Sydney, they seemed to be firing way above their abilities and performances of a couple of months earlier. Sure enough not even a fortnight later it was made public one of his runners obtained a positive swab at Penrith. It just goes to show where there is smoke, more often than not there is fire.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    I posted on this thread yesterday with a post that was not in any way inflammatory can the moderator that removed it please private message me with the reason so I do not break the rules again.

Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    I think in the current climate, people are entitled to be a little curious or ask questions, especially when particular trainers racetrack results warrant it. This is due to the ongoing swabbing and bribing scandal in NSW and also the fact there is still no test available for detecting the presence of ITPP in swab samples. In my opinion if both of these issues were put to bed, people may have more peace of mind that all trainers are competing on a level playing field.

I thought a good point was raised in an earlier post, if stewards can inquire about an improved performance of a horse in a race (or even a poor performance in a race), why can't the same thing be done with trainers who's teams have gone from average to firing in a matter of weeks/months.

I was talking to some friends in the industry afew weeks ago. I mentioned to them to keep an eye out for Ronnie Lloyd's horses around Sydney, they seemed to be firing way above their abilities and performances of a couple of months earlier. Sure enough not even a fortnight later it was made public one of his runners obtained a positive swab at Penrith. It just goes to show where there is smoke, more often than not there is fire.
    Very true......
    I doubt David has any involvement in the current scandal but with the influx of American influences of late things have gotten out of control.
    I just hope that every swab frozen of late is tested when available. Just because things cant be detected now doesnt mean it should be let go.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonie View Post
    Very true......
    I doubt David has any involvement in the current scandal but with the influx of American influences of late things have gotten out of control.
    I just hope that every swab frozen of late is tested when available. Just because things cant be detected now doesnt mean it should be let go.
    I agree. but on the frozen swabs I don't understand what will happen in the future should a swab go positive to a new drug:
    Will prize money that has been paid have to be returned?
    If a trainer has several positive swabs to the same drug over a period of time will this be seen as a single offence or several?
    Can a trainer clam that at the time of the race the undetictibal was not on the probihideted substance list.

My opinion is this is uncharted territory and should it happen open a massive can of worms.

I remember the same calmes made years ago when EPO was rumered to be around. But to my knowledge no one in harness racing has ever had an EPO positive.

I honestly believe this will all eventuate to nothing. I really dought itpp in being used in Australian racing. It's just the same as its always been and the rumer mill keeps on spinning out the usual crap.

+ Reply to Thread