Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: APG 2020 Sales

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

APG 2020 Sales

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Melbourne sales topper colt Lot 167 $160k buyer unkown
    Art Major x Mint Julep
    A full bro to the filly (now 2yo Momentslikethese) that was half of last year's Alabar Syndication offer
    You could have bought the whole 50 shares of the syndication for just under $160k
    I know I am not comparing apples with apples - just saying

Sales results

http://www.apgold.com.au/yearling-sa...-31/melbourne/

74% Clearance Rate
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-02-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Clearance Rate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I'd say there would have been a lot of disappointed sellers. They say it costs about $20k to breed raise and prepare them for the sale.

I think several expensive stallions with big wraps were disappointing.
    Betting Line 14 sold at av $21,000.
    Always B Miki 9 at av $26,000.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I'd say there would have been a lot of disappointed sellers. They say it costs about $20k to breed raise and prepare them for the sale.

I think several expensive stallions with big wraps were disappointing.
    Betting Line 14 sold at av $21,000.
    Always B Miki 9 at av $26,000.
    Stallion owners are asking too much ( the top tier horses that is) in the current market in my humble opinion, and while the better Entire's are getting better results they are also getting the better mares.

It's one thing to maximise your returns, its another to do serious damage to your market in the name of greed, it's probably about time some of these people took a leadership role in changing what is going on not only for the betterment of the game but also for their own longevity in this "business"

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Betting LIne $7,500 early bird and Always B Miki $5,600 early bird (Lazarus $9,900) - not for me until they have had something race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    A very disappointing Melbourne Sale for most vendors. A lot of hard work, expense and preparation goes into presenting these yearlings on the day. It’s now 4 days since the Melbourne sale and APG have not sent out a media release analysing the days results: it’s not hard to see why. The positive result obtained in Queensland was front page news the next day !
    Oh and by the way I should advise APG to remove their Melbourne Sale Day ads from the HRA website : it’s well and truly over now. Interesting times ahead : the winds of change are blowing........Sad to see after 31 years , the APG Directors have been asleep at the wheel for too long. No contact on sale day or post with this vendor of 15 years.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It seems to be harness racing's policy to hope all bad news goes away so don't report it, HRV do not even post Stewards news on their own site
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It seems to be harness racing's policy to hope all bad news goes away so don't report it, HRV do not even post Stewards news on their own site
    It's worked for thoroughbreds!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL true
    and I think Hawthorn AFL were one of the first to adopt it 40+yrs ago - everything stays in house
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
    A very disappointing Melbourne Sale for most vendors. A lot of hard work, expense and preparation goes into presenting these yearlings on the day. It’s now 4 days since the Melbourne sale and APG have not sent out a media release analysing the days results: it’s not hard to see why. The positive result obtained in Queensland was front page news the next day !
    Oh and by the way I should advise APG to remove their Melbourne Sale Day ads from the HRA website : it’s well and truly over now. Interesting times ahead : the winds of change are blowing........Sad to see after 31 years , the APG Directors have been asleep at the wheel for too long. No contact on sale day or post with this vendor of 15 years.
    It's becoming obvious lately that HRV are basically a government department. They are using the current state governments policy of refusing to answer or admit to any failings .

I have been against APG from the beginning. Their policy of an "elite group of expensive stallions only" sales have led to almost 2/3 of Australian studs closing down. The choice of stallions has fallen by around 75% . Sales need to be open to all stallions and there needs to be competition within sales companies.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread