Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change Of Tactics- QLD- This is just getting stupid now

triplev123

Change Of Tactics- QLD- This is just getting stupid now

QLD - Change in Driving Tactics
    26 September 2011
    by Brett Rail (RQL)

Please note that the deadline for advising a possible change in driving tactics is now 10:30am on the morning of the race. (Two hours after scratching deadline)
    This is to allow such information to be available to the public much sooner than has been the case in the past.
    Details of possible driving tactic changes will be forwarded to media outlets and placed under the "Gear Changes" icon under the "Racing" drop down list of this website.
    To provide details of a possible variation in driving tactics, please advise RQL Racing Office staff on (07) 3869 9774.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    QLD - Change in Driving Tactics
    26 September 2011
    by Brett Rail (RQL)

Please note that the deadline for advising a possible change in driving tactics is now 10:30am on the morning of the race. (Two hours after scratching deadline)
    This is to allow such information to be available to the public much sooner than has been the case in the past.
    Details of possible driving tactic changes will be forwarded to media outlets and placed under the "Gear Changes" icon under the "Racing" drop down list of this website.
    To provide details of a possible variation in driving tactics, please advise RQL Racing Office staff on (07) 3869 9774.
    Before you blow up too much check your facts I think this is a huge improvement I am sure it was previously two day before the race.

I was never game to tell you what a good job NSW was doing compared to their Northern cousins I was too worried about your health.

triplev123

2 days? You're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Before you blow up too much check your facts I think this is a huge improvement I am sure it was previously two day before the race.

I was never game to tell you what a good job NSW was doing compared to their Northern cousins I was too worried about your health.
    [VVV] A Stewarding version of descriptive moral relevatism just doesn't excuse it VOR. If one edition is only ordinary at best & the other is worse....that doesn't make the ordinary edition better. Rather both remain less than they should be.

Btw, if it was previously two days before the race how do you explain this part of that release? This is to allow such information to be available to the public much sooner than has been the case in the past.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    No defense of the rule from me all I have always said despite your recent victories NSW have handles it better.

You know like you I do not like rule but while it is there it should be used.

triplev123
    Agreed. If it is there then, in applicable circumstances, it should indeed be used.
    The problem is not that so much as it is the way in which it is used, the how and why and when it is used and the demonstrably yawning gap that exists between original intention and actual application.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Agreed. If it is there then, in applicable circumstances, it should indeed be used.
    The problem is not that so much as it is the way in which it is used, the how and why and when it is used and the demonstrably yawning gap that exists between original intention and actual application.
    VVV

You may well be right about the original intention of the rule but that has clearly changed driven mostly by the expectations of punters and the stewards are only applying the policy as they are directed by their respective boards.

triplev123
    Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks.

+ Reply to Thread