Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now THAT'S a Stewards Report-Tabcorp Pk Menangle 08/10/2011

triplev123

Thumbs up Now THAT'S a Stewards Report-Tabcorp Pk Menangle 08/10/2011

Go have a look at this one troops. Nice work Chris Paul & Co.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Pleased to see that post race samples were taken from SHOOT NO BLANKS NZ.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Still too many reprimand's for use of the whip surely everyone know's the rule by now !
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Still too many reprimand's for use of the whip surely everyone know's the rule by now !
    Just a question Greg and I have not , but have you looked at replays to see if fines should have been imposed or is this just the case of the stewards reprimanding people that are close to a breach that would result if a fine.

NSW Stewards have from day one been the tuffest on the new whip rules of any state.

There is a difference.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    If they keep getting reprimanded for more than a flicking motion the rule is broken
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    If they keep getting reprimanded for more than a flicking motion the rule is broken
    Why is that you ask a simple question and people can not answer it have you looked at the replays.

As I have already confessed I have not. So this next statement will be made on assumptions which I hate doing.

Say a driver used the whip 15 times in the run home and after adjusting the reins his first or second strike is a technical breach he adjusts and continues to drive within the whip rules. are you honestly saying the stewards should should impose a financial penalty for that.

I stress I have not looked at the videos of these races so it is guess work but if the situation is similar to the one I just outlined I say three cheers to the stewards for applying what is the most difficult rule in racing to apply perhaps the most difficult rule in life to apply..... that common sense should prevail.

However as French Philosopher Voltaire once said in the 1700's

" common sense is not so common."

Not a lot has changed as we have progressed.

triplev123
    G'day Greg,

Like the COT routine, to a great degree the current whip rule is a pretty silly one BUT unlike the COT routine, the Stewards seem to me to be taking a sensible view of it, apparently more often choosing to remprimand drivers rather than continually fine them.
    I'm not about seeing people flog horses into the ground to appease the baying of the Punters however there's whip use & there's whip misuse and the latter is obvious to anyone who has ever taken the time to watch a race. It has been a long time since I've seen any driver really open up and go to town on any horse, thankfully.
    If it were up to me I'd get on the front foot and ban the use of whips altogether, not as a reaction to the tree hugging eco-marxist free the battery hens crowd who tend to make an issue of such things...but rather because it's a fact that the best trainers & moreso drivers can & do get a horse to roll without ever having to slash at them like a Samurai. I think it would sort the wheat from the chaff very quickly.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Greg,

Like the COT routine, to a great degree the current whip rule is a pretty silly one BUT unlike the COT routine, the Stewards seem to me to be taking a sensible view of it, apparently more often choosing to remprimand drivers rather than continually fine them.
    I'm not about seeing people flog horses into the ground to appease the baying of the Punters however there's whip use & there's whip misuse and the latter is obvious to anyone who has ever taken the time to watch a race. It has been a long time since I've seen any driver really open up and go to town on any horse, thankfully.
    If it were up to me I'd get on the front foot and ban the use of whips altogether, not as a reaction to the tree hugging eco-marxist free the battery hens crowd who tend to make an issue of such things...but rather because it's a fact that the best trainers & moreso drivers can & do get a horse to roll without ever having to slash at them like a Samurai. I think it would sort the wheat from the chaff very quickly.
    Too quickly. Theres 80% of your population back to the restricteds and they'll want a $20'000 import fee.

+ Reply to Thread